Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-04-22



April 22, 2013
Hey y'all!!!

I'm so glad to hear Court is starting to do better! I've really been worried about her... Did the acupuncture hurt at all? I guess that doesn't really matter if it works huh? :) And Jace dang! I'm sorry being sick is seriously the pits, I hope that everyone starts getting healthy here sooner than later.

Well the big news for this week is transfers... I'm being transferred :( and training again. So that means I'll be either opening up a brand new area or white washing an area (which just means there isn't an established missionary there) either way basically starting from scratch... Needless to say I'm a little nervous. I was a lot nervous but yesterday after church we talked with our branch president, who is awesome! (Have I mentioned how much love and respect and have for all you bishops and branch presidents?!:) First off he was really sad to have me go (the whole branch is) which made me feel so loved, this branch has truly become like family to me and I'm going to miss them all so much! But he told me I'm excited for you to whitewash! You can completely do things your way, and you know how to do it, you just get it and you will make miracles happen. He thanked me for all my hard work and for making a difference in the branch. Wow! I really needed to hear that because honestly I'd been worrying a lot about it, but it seriously was just what I needed to hear and when I needed to hear it. So many people came and hugged me after church, and we got several meal appointments haha :) I took pictures with several members so I can show y'all about everyone I've told you about. Man I'm really going to miss it here... I hope y'all can come and get me at the end of my mission I would LOVE to introduce you to everyone!

I knew the transfer was coming but it still hurts, saying goodbye is the worst... :( I'm not sure where I'm going yet but I'll probably leave the Chattanooga area this time around. After 10 months... So for now send all mail to the mission office please.

I guess there's two big news for the week... Oralia AND Reynel have a baptism date! Nothing has really changed with their situation unfortunately but as we were planning for this week I just had this sense of urgency come over me for them to get baptized. So we met with her Saturday, we were 30 min late :/ because we were talking with some less actives and our team up had to leave at 5 so we skipped the small talk and jumped right in with talking about baptism. I shared with her 1 Nephi 17:49-51 (this has become one of my favorites!) which talks about Nephi when he's commanded to build a ship and it seems impossible but  God had commanded him to do it and we've been promised that God isn't going to tell us to do something unless there's a way to do it. Right now Oralia's situation seems impossible, but I asked her is baptism a commandment? She said yes. We then shared Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." We then committed her to be baptized on May 4th! She said yes! AND then Reynel jumps in and says yes too! That was unexpected, but it was so great! :) :) :) So I hope and pray that this miracle will happen, and when it does that I can be there. It makes me sick that I might not be...

Anyway, 3 BAPTISM COMMITMENTS FOR SIGNAL MOUNTAIN!!!!! I don't think that has ever happened! It's been almost 3 years since a convert baptism has happened! Now finally finally it's going to!

Melinda is doing great! She is excited to be baptized and loves everything she's learning. Yesterday we went over the Law of Chastity, WOW, and the commandments just in case there was a problem there we wanted to give her time before May 11th to work through it. The only thing was she drinks green tea but she said you know recently though every time I drink it it makes me sick to my stomach. Talk about being prepared beforehand! She's so golden! :) She's probably in her mid to late 40's and has two daughters. And she came to church yesterday!

We haven't been able to get a hold of Gideon this week but we do have an appointment with him tomorrow! Finally! We're hopefully going to commit him to baptism as well.

Larry though for now has cut all ties to the church... :( It's really sad. And we tried Tasha and her dad but they weren't home when we went by.

In answer to some of your questions.... In the MTC no we didn't go to people's homes they would come and be in a room then we would do a door approach from there, I think there were some investigators who played the roles but I think the majority were probably members.

Signal Mtn is in the Atlanta, GA temple district.

Sister Marker just e-mailed me sharing some of her experiences! I haven't finished it yet cuz we're on a time crunch but I look forward to reading it. From what I did read though basically everything she wrote I can totally and completely relate with.

Yes I got Brielle's announcement and Jess's!!! That is so exciting! They both were really cute!! :)

Dang I forgot the cord to attach pictures... Next week!

I'm excited for this new phase of my mission. I do know what I'm doing and I do know I can do it because I was told this is what I need to do and I know God wouldn't tell me to do something if I couldn't do it!

Thank you so much for all your love, support, and prayers. I love love love you all and miss you like crazy!! xoxoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. 3 more weeks til I get to talk to y'all!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment