Monday, April 15, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-04-15



April 15, 2013
Hey y'all!

Good I'm so glad the package got there! I seriously have been worrying about it! Haha yah y'all can read the journals and letters if you want. I was stupid though and didn't write down some of the addresses for some people. Like Emily's mission address, Abish's mission address, and there should be a letter in there from a friend from BYU-I Nicole Smith, I need to write her back but forgot to write it down. So if you could write those down that'd be great! 

I'll try and be better about sending pictures, I finally have the right cables now with my new camera so I should be able to figure it out!

I know it would be a pain but if there's anyway you could organize my letters by date newest to oldest and yah keep the envelopes. Even if you can just get started I can finish it when I get home. I'm thinking I'll do some kind of scrap book for all my pictures. 

I sent the curling stick back because I don't have time in the mornings to use it and I figured Court and Brooke would put it to good use for now.

Yes I got those conference talks! Thank you grandma!! I'm loving them so far! And thank you for the explanations behind why you love them, that really meant a lot. I really needed to hear that one about achieving your potential.

The hour and half we have now is just for e-mailing, we get an additional hour each week to do lds.org which is so nice, I LOVE those Mormon messages!! If you haven't watched any for awhile y'all totally should, they're so good!! Honestly I prefer letters as opposed to e-mails, it's a lot funner to get a letter in the mail. :)

So we had a pretty great week! Thursday we got a call from the Hixon south Elders saying they had a referral for us. Her name is Melinda and she had been going to church in the Hixon ward a few times with some friends but I guess the friends have been kinda hesitant to share anything more. The Elders found out she is in our area though and wanted us to meet her to see if we could get things rolling. So we went and met her on Friday and set a return appt for yesterday. When we got there she said she had invited her friends, the Cooks, to come which we were grateful for. We all had a great discussion about the gospel and we taught the Restoration. She seriously agreed with everything, everything!! She said this all just makes sense! She has had what she called "church-phobia" because her ex-husband is a preacher who was very abusive and she really didn't want to be a part of church if that's how people were, a bunch of Sunday Christians and back biters. But she said that this just feels right. So we committed her to baptized and....... SHE ACCEPTED!!! WOOHOOO!!! First lesson and she accepted, this is the first time I've ever extended a baptism commitment on the first lesson! She's set for May 11th! :) :) :) Ahh it was awesome!!

:)

Unfortunately nothings really changed with Oralia this week, we're thinking we need to change tactics with Reynel Sr and tell him really whats up and how important this really is, that he is literally damning his girlfriend. Being bold like Alma! I feel like we're to the point where we can do that, it's been 7 months and she is 100% committed to the gospel so if there's anything we can do to speed the process along for her sake, we'll do it!

We weren't able to see Gideon this week, he was really busy with school and work but we've been texting him some and he said that he's been reading! And something cool is that we found out that his dad has taken the lessons from missionaries before! Coincidence ? I think not! :) So hopefully we can set something up with him this week. We found him tracting.

No change with Larry.... :( We called but he didn't really want to talk about it much.

Tasha... We went by the other day but she wasn't home, her step mom was though and she said that her grandma is dying so they all went down to say their last good byes to her. It's sad but it really is good, she'll finally not be in pain I just don't know how it's going to affect Tasha and her family. We'll stop by some time this week and see how they're doing. Her step mom was really nice to us though and was very appreciative that we stopped by, we left a prayer with her and I think she felt something. There's definitely some potential there, and with Tasha's dad. :)

I'm sorry you haven't gotten much relief yet Court. What's the next options?? You still owe me a letter!

I'm so glad you had a good birthday mom! Love you! 

I've been meaning to ask how Gina is doing?

Well I think that about wraps up the week here in the south. Thank you for all you love and prayers! They mean the world and I feel them everyday!

Love and miss y'all!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment