Monday, April 15, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-04-08



                                                                                                                                                                                        April 8, 2013

Hey y'all!

I haven't found shoes yet, all the good places to go are kinda far away so it might be awhile before I get some... Oh well for now I'll just rock the black and brown ones. Yah I'll just pin the grey skirt.

I knew the vitamins question would come up in this e-mail so I started taking them this week :) While I was in bed I think she just did some studying, I'm not really sure haha.

Answers to some of your questions...

On p-day we do our personal and companion study but we don't do training and we usually do our laundry during those study hours.
Laundry is going good, still haven't dyed anything the color its not supposed to be! I'd say I'm doing pretty good! :) Yah we get fed fairly regularly which is so nice because I don't eat all that well when we don't, it's not good I need to be better about eating an actual meal as opposed to just a pb&h. We just don't have a lot of time so I gotta make it quick, but I do make sure I have a veggie or fruit every meal. Still no real crazy food... I'm hoping for squirrel before I come home! We have an hour and a half now on the computer, they just changed it before we only had an hour.

This week was pretty great! We picked up what I think is going to be a pretty golden investigator, his name is Gideon. We taught him for the first time on Wednesday, we started off with a church tour just showing him around the building and ended in the chapel. We then taught the restoration of the gospel in the chapel, holy cow talk about spiritual high! The chapel is where it's at! The spirit was so strong. He asked a lot of good questions and said he felt like he could really relate to the prophet Joseph Smith and wanting to know the truth for himself. After our lesson he texted us and said thanks again for that. It was awesome! We're meeting with him tomorrow, I'm excited I think it's going to go really well. He's another one to add to the prayer list.

Oralia and Reynel came to the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning sessions at the church (they were our only investigators who came).
Which if she could only come to two those are definitely the two I would have picked! Pretty much every talk that was given had something I'd been praying about for her and I hope was something that touched her and gave her the courage to make some changes in her life. Elder Bednar's was right on the money, he talked about the law of chastity so simply and so straight forward, it was awesome! And then all the different talks about obedience and marriage. She really enjoyed it and said "You're coming Wednesday and we're talking about conference."
So hopefully something will be able to change there soon! You can always count on general conference to get the message across! I love it! :)

There's really no change with Larry right now... And we haven't seen Tasha for a couple of weeks. We might go by one more time just to check up on her but I don't know, I think her time will be eventually but not right now.

No I haven't really heard much about the new leadership councils... I have gone to a leadership council meeting so maybe they're already implementing it here. I'm not really sure to tell you the truth.

I absolutely loved conference! Seriously it's like Christmas x10 for missionaries it's so great! I really like President Uchtdorf's talk about light, I also liked Elder Hollands, they were all good really but those two were probably my favorite. We watched the first session at the Challen's home (they're like my adopted family away from home, I LOVE THEM!!), second was at the church, third church, and fourth was at the Ward's home. I definitely like watching conference from home more, it's a lot more comfy.

P-day was fun this week and last. Last week we went to the aquarium as a district which was cool! And then this week most of our zone got together and played ultimate frisbee, which I used to not like (because I sucked) but I've gotten a lot better and it's actually really fun! I think I'm going to join an intramural team when I get back to school.

Well I think that about wraps it up for the week. I'm sending a package home hopefully within the next couple of days just with some stuff that’s just taking up space in my suitcase really.

Thanks for the continued love, support, and prayers, it keeps me going! I love and miss y'all!

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment