Monday, April 1, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-03-11


Hey ya'll!

Sounds like everything's going well back home! That's exciting about Keith and Brandon good for them! :) And Brooker congrats on the championship!! That's awesome babe!!! I'm excited to see you play. How did Weber's basketball team end up doing or is the season still going?

About the cookie lady yes we live above her bakery and she does all the baking and decorating there so yes we wake up to the smell of freshly baked cookie everyday, it's pretty fantastic. Her name is Sandy and her grand baby is doing much better! I guess she has to have another heart surgery in a couple months but she is definitely a miracle baby. We're really hoping to be able to start teaching her and hopefully her daughter soon.

So guess whose training this next transfer again? Yep, yours truly! I'm not to surprised honestly but I am going to miss Sister Colwell. It kinda stinks we were really starting to get good at teaching together and now I have to start from square one again, oh well I guess. I'm excited for this chance to train again and I'm not nearly as nervous as I was the first time around. All I ask is that I get a happy hard working sister. We're getting 8 new sisters and 2 visa waiters and I think 5 new Elders.

Update on Oralia and family... Miracles are definitely happening!! It's so exciting!! Rey (I'm going to start referring to the boy friend as Rey and the son as Reynel) did keep his appointment Friday and we were able to catch him on Wednesday as well! Friday though he was totally participating in the lesson, asking questions and gave us a referral! He wants us to start teaching his brother and his girl friend so we've met them once (they speak English!) and hopefully will be able to start teaching them soon. And come to find out Rey was the one who initiated going to church last Sunday I guess he woke up and was like I don't have to work today lets go to church as a family! :) Oralia was of course thrilled and was just beaming when she walked into church. So it's definitely going to happen and I think it just might be sooner than later! I'm excited I get to stick around for a little while longer and hopefully see it happen. Thank you so much for your continued fasting and prayers I know that that's what's really making the difference.

We also had some more exciting news this week. Our branch missionaries Brother and Sister Caughman told us they have gotten back in touch with an old friend who was a member but was excommunicated 20+ years ago but he wants to get back into church! So we're starting to teach him this week and we'll hopefully be able to get his wife on board too. I guess she got offended with her husband being excommunicated or what he was going to have to do to change and so she still has very bitter feelings towards the church and priesthood leadership. The only downer to this guy is that we can't really count him as an investigator being baptized because things are a little different with excommunicated members, which kinda sucks but when we talked with President about it he's like but it'll count in your heart and in mine haha. :)
The work is moving forward!! :) :)

The zone training council I went to was pretty cool, it's neat to see all these 19-20 year old guys stepping up to the plate and taking charge of things. They really put a lot of time and effort into each training they have. I left feeling a little inadequate though... I see them having all this success and I start to get a little down on myself which I know I shouldn't do but sometimes it's hard. One day a baptism will happen I just gotta be patient and keep being diligent.
So I was thinking about birthday stuff and I really would like some bright spring/ summer clothes, Sister Colwell has made me painfully aware of the lack of color in my wardrobe haha and it needs to change so some fun patterned skirts or shirts would be great! 

Way to go Jacer for running for officer! Keep me updated on how that goes! Haha I liked that idea for a poster.

We went to a stake Relief Society activity on Saturday where Sister Irion was the speaker. We rode down with a bunch of ladies from the branch which was fun and I was able to see several ladies from the Dalton ward! Ahh it was so awesome! I miss those ladies so much! They all gave me huge hugs and told me how much they want me to come back. They said they heard that sisters are being put into Dalton soon (which is true!) and that one of the sisters has already put in a request to President Irion to have me come back :) That sure makes a girl feel good. I would LOVE to go back there again.

Sister Irion spoke on "Happily Ever After" and did the acronym HAPPY. H- hard work. A- appreciation. P- positive attitude. P- plan of Salvation. Y- you! If we want to be happy we need to choose to be happy and do those things listed when we do that we will be happy. We have the gospel that right there should make us smile! :)
Well I think that about wraps up the week. Thanks for all the love, support, and prayers! 

I love ya'll!! 
xoxoxoxo
Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment