Monday, April 1, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-03-25


Helloooooo family!

I'm glad you got the pictures and letters and that Sister Irion is posting pictures for y'all because that's obviously an area I've been slacking in... Sorry! I'll try to do better! Her name is pronounced lee-bing. 

Yah 2 half trained sisters will just finish helping each other train the other I guess is how they're doing it because it's still a 12 week  program. 

Thank you so much for the bits from those conference talks, you were right I really needed that. This has been kind of a hard week. Not much good happened and I also felt like it was dump all your problems on the sisters week, good grief! It seems like everyone we were able to talk to this week just dumped all their problems on us. I know for a fact I could never EVER be a psychiatrist or a counselor. There are to many people that have to many stupid problems it's sad. For example we wanted to try and see Tasha again and her mom was there, it was just so sad to see the holes that both of them have dug for themselves. I don't understand why people do drugs, drink, and sleep around. Thank you for raising me with morals and teaching me wrong from right, I've learned that a lot of people don't get that growing up and I'm so grateful that I did.

Also I just wanted to let y'all know how much I love all of you. A couple days ago we found out that one of the Elders in my districts dad passed away suddenly... It really hit me hard. We were headed down to meet them when President Irion called us and just wanted us to be aware. When I saw him I didn't know what to say and I couldn't even give him a hug! That was rough... But I was so I don't know if impressed is the right word but when we drove off he gave me a little smile and a thumbs up. Later his companion called us for something and I asked how Elder Watson was doing he said he actually wants to talk to you so he says I just wanted to thank you for your support and prayers it really means a lot and I need you to do me a favor and sing to Elder Garber for his birthday. Man...  This kids dad just passed away and he's thinking about his companion and trying to make his birthday better. Talk about great faith! He is a convert to the church.

Anyway it just really hit me how you never really know what's going to happen in life and that you really need to make the most of everyday. And you can never say I love you to many times.

Sorry this is kinda turning out to be a depressing letter. I really am fine it's just been a rough week.

There really hasn't been much of a change with Oralia and her situation... She is still as strong as ever and isn't going to give up but it's been rough on her. 

Larry is doing great though!! It's so exciting to teach someone who is excited about the gospel and truly wants to learn and keep commitments. He came to church yesterday just beaming. :) His wife was a member at one time but she got offended over something and I don't know if she asked to have her name removed or if she's just inactive.

We did have a pretty cool experience this week with Tasha's dad. We'd gone over to teach Tasha but she wasn't there so we went over to her dad's to ask if he knew where she was. He told us and then said I feel like you should know something, Tasha has got more problems than you think I guess she's got a drug problem and a drinking problem... I can't remember if I told you or not but she moved next door to her dad, she told us it was because her sister was moving in but her dad told us that her sister didn't move in and the reason she moved out is because they couldn't stand her much longer... It's just a big, sad, complicated mess. But this was the first time I've ever really talked to her dad, Al before, we talked with him a little about the church and were able to give him a Book of Mormon. We also left him with a prayer for his family which he really seemed to appreciate. You know how I've said that it hasn't ever really felt right to drop her the last several times? I think it might be because of her dad... It'll be interesting to see what'll end up happening. He seemed fairly interested. :)

That was a really cool story about Sister Schiffman, I love hearing stories like that! You never know what someone might say or do that could change someone else's life forever!

I hit my 9 month mark this last week... Holy smokes that is weird! I'm officially on the downhill. I want to make this last half of my mission the absolute best that I can! And work as hard as I can.

Sorry again that this letter isn't as exciting as the last few. This week will be better! Thank you for all the love and support. I love and miss y'all!!! xoxoxoxo 

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment