Monday, April 1, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-04-01


Hellooooo family!!
 
I hope everythings going well for y'all! And that everyone had a happy easter! :)
 
Nate is engaged??!?! Holy crap! That's so exciting!!! I need pictures!! Congrats Nate I'm so happy for you!! :) :) :)
 
I'm happy to report an awesome birthday and easter! Thank you, thank you for the clothes! I LOVE THEM!! The gray skirt is a little big but it's all good. The morning started off with a couple different birthday texts and Sister Colwell called and sang to me. The Hamn's (the family we used to live with) had us over for Easter dinner and to celebrate my birthday. They had some family over so it was fun. And Sister Hamn made me a lamb shapped cake haha... It was kinda weird but it sure tasted good! She also gave me an orchid and Sister Liebing and I a big Easter basket :) People are so kind and generous! The Challen family who has basically taken all the missionaries in brought me cupcakes to church and several people wished me a happy birthday. After the Hamn' we went over to the Hamiltons for a second Easter dinner, there was several people from the branch there which was fun, I seriously am in love with this branch and the people here! They're all so great! 22... crazy!
 
It was kind of another rough week but for different reasons this time around, I've been sick, sick, sick... It hit me about Wednesday my throat started killing me then it just went downhill from there. I have had a terrible head cold that's left me feeling exhausted, coughing my lungs out, and a stuffy/runny nose. So I was in bed for a good chunk of the week which SUCKED!!  I'm convinced that being sick on the mission is one of the worst things ever. I think it's starting to head on its way out now today thank goodness but it's been a rough last few days.
 
I wish there was something new to report with Oralia and her family this week but there's not really except that we've gotten Reynel to participate in the lessons a little more which is good! Her stinkin boyfriend just refuses to do anything right now... :( I feel so bad for Oralia she's kinda at a loss of what to do now. She knows that she wants to continue with the church but its been hard for her. I admire her faith and patience, she really is an amazing example of perserverance and enduring to the end.
 
Things were going great with Larry until after church yesterday, he told us that his wife really doesn't want him to do this anymore... I don't think she thought it would last but it has and hopefully will but right now he's in a rough spot between the church and his wife. Man all these people with problems with their spouses!! I am more determined now more than ever to truly get to know the man I'm going to marry, I don't want these kind of problems!
 
Please keep both of those families in your prayers still, they really need them.
 
Nothing new to report with Tasha's dad yet we haven't been able to get ahold of him again but we're not going to give up!
 
We picked up a couple new investigators this week which we're kind of excited about hopefully there will be something new to report there this next week.
 
I'm glad to hear y'all had a good Easter and had fun with all the fam! :) I really missed our Easter traditions...
 
We had President's interviews this week, which was good. President basically told me that I'd most likely be training again next transfer... And probably somewhere new! I'm kinda stressing a little bit over it cuz I don't feel like Sister Liebing can handle this area yet but it's my job to make it so she can in the next 3 weeks! I need to have more confidence in her cuz right now I don't think she has the confidence in herself. She will it's just going to take some time.
 
Well I think that about wraps up my week. I love and miss y'all so much! xoxoxo
 
Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment