Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-01-29



Hellooooooo family!

Sorry this is a day late and will probably be short, yesterday was really busy and today we have to take Sister Mickelson to the stake center so she can go to Knoxville for meetings (by the way her sacrament meeting is at 1:00 and she's speaking February 10th. I'm still not sure about Sister Gonzalez yet... I'll ask her today and let ya'll know)

Well the motherly reminder kinda worked haha I haven't been taking my vitamins but I sure think about it more now! You're so great momma :)

We ended up not being able to have squirrel because we had an ice storm that day so I guess all the squirrels must have been frozen but hopefully I'll get to experience that within the near future! :)

Ugh I really wish I had more time this week was great!!! So I'll give the quick highlights...

First off Oralia and Reynal... We found out everything we need to do to get them married so now we just gotta make it happen! I know Sisters Gonzalez and Mickelson would both really like to be there so we gotta get it together fast if her boyfriend Reynal will cooperate we could make it happen maybe on Saturday or Tuesday! Keep them in your prayers. They really are both doing great. There was a baptism for another branch on Saturday and we brought Oralia and Reynal and Oralia said afterward that she felt like everything that was being said was meant for her and she is so excited to get baptized!! :) :)

Tasha... So after all that mess this last Thursday we were able to go over with the Elders and give her and her grandma both blessings. Her grandma's blessing was that she would be able to heal and get better and Tasha's was of comfort and strength. So we tried calling her that night no answer. The next day several times no answer. Same with the next day... We were getting pretty worried something bad had happened. Then finally on Sunday we get a call from her! I talked to her for a good hour on the phone and she said my grandma is doing better! I know that it was because of that blessing and I've been doing better and I know it was because of that blessing!! I know that it's all true! Oh my gosh I about started crying on the phone! It was so amazing! She just kept saying that over and over, I know it's true! AND we found out that she is related to some good strong members in our branch! They are her second cousins, so she will have that family support after all! Man oh man the Lord works in mysterious ways! I just love it!!! It's crazy that we were going to drop her but because we followed the prompting not to look at her now!! I LOVE THE GOSPEL!! It's so true and it's so exciting to see when people you've been working with forever finally start to get it. Thank you so much for all the prayers I know that's also what made the difference. She realizes that she needs to make some changes in her life and slowly but surely she's doing it, she has risen above so much, it's amazing. I don't know why I was so privileged and blessed to be born into the gospel but I am so grateful! And I'm so grateful for the experiences I'm having out here getting to share the good news of the gospel, it's so exciting!!

I haven't heard anything about Christy or Austin and Laura... I guess they pulled missionaries out of Chatsworth completely for now but I did tell the Elders serving in Dalton to go check on them, so hopefully they will. I haven't heard from Keyaundra in a few weeks so I hope she's doing well. I got a Christmas card from Em and she's doing great :)

I can't believe ya'll had an ice storm!! Has Utah ever had one of those?? We had one to I sent ya'll some pictures today. It looks pretty cool but it's so slippery and cold, I was glad it only lasted a day. I really am wishing we had snow though, I really miss it. It has been pretty nice here since the storm, we're talking high 50's low 60's :) out tracting in just a jacket it January, who'd of thought?!

OH MY GOSH JESS I BETTER BE GETTING A VERY DETAILED LETTER SOON!!!!!! AHHHHH!!! I screamed in the public library haha man I need to calm down. I'm so happy for you!!! :) :)

Since you mentioned President Pitcher it reminded me that there is a family in the branch here the Gruwells, whose daughter married President Pitcher's son! I seriously have found connections everywhere it's pretty cool :)

I forgot to tell ya'll we started volunteering at the nursing home here on the mountain, this is a NICE place sheesh. We're talking very plush environment, I don't even wanna know how much it costs to live there a month... But it's fun. We're helping out with Bingo again.

Sorry this letter is kinda all over the place but I gotta get going. Hopefully I'll have some even better news for ya'll next letter. I love and miss ya'll!!!! :) :) xoxo

Love,
Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment