Monday, January 21, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-01-14



Hey family!!

Sounds like eveything is going great! I hope Court gets feeling better soon, not starting off the year to great health wise, I'm pretty sure she knows how to fix it though ;) A little hint... pick up a pen and paper!

No I haven't found boots yet. But I need to soon, you're right it's really rainy here, it's been in the 60's though! Its crazy the middle of January and I'm out tracting in short sleeves! I guess this is really unusual though. Out here rain brings fog and it is bad! Driving in it is kinda scary, somedays you can only see a few feet in frot of you.

Zone conference was great! Pres Irion talked about becoming more of a Preach my Gospel mission, Sister Irion talked about the difference between a testimony and being converted to the gospel, the assistants talked about leadership (which was my favorite part, I've struggled some with having to be the leader but I'm getting a lot better, and starting to rely on the Savior a lot more.), and then the zone leaders talked about teaching more like the Savior. It was an awesome conference, they always are and they always touch on what I need to hear.

Oralia is still about the same... I think she knows what she needs to do to she just hasn't taken the needed leap of faith yet. We're not giving up on her though. We're going to hopefully help her get a job so she can become more independent and self reliant. She's doing great with the English classes and so is her sister in law, it's been fun. Sister Gonzalez and I started them going but one of our branch missionaries is teaching them. She does a fantastic job and really enjoys it.

We  had a pretty great week. We got ahold of an old investigator, Jean, who I think I've told ya'll about before. And she wants us to come back. We also found a family to start teaching soon hopefully! We had a great visit with them last night and they want us to come back. We also found another lady who had a lot of great questions and wants to read the Book of Mormon, the only downer was she didn't set a return appt but we left her with our number and I really think she call. Fingers crossed!

Church yesterday was great! We had branch council that morning and it was a complete 180 turn around! Almost the whole thing was centered around missionary work when before it was for maybe 2 minutes. The branch is starting to turn around and make missionary work more of a priority, it's awesome!! Oralia and Reynal also came to church again, they're so great! I look forward to the day when I can actually talk to her.

I'm so jealous ya'll have snow!! We have none! People were mowing there lawns this week! I don't think there's any in the near future either... :( I kinda miss it.

Trek sounds like it's going to be great! Where are ya'll going? I'm excited to hear more about it.

Congrats Brooker on 3rd place! That's awesome!! I'm excited to see you in action when I get home. :)

We get fed by the branch usually a couple times a week but it just varies from week to week. This week though we have an appt every night!! I think we have one for 10 days in a row! That never happens! I put on the calendar this week John 14 maybe (I can't remember the exact reference...) But I put, Jesus saith unto the unto the Signal Mtn branch, "If ye love me feed me sheep." We got results. :)

 Well I think that about wraps up the week. I love and miss ya'll!!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment