Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-01-02



Hellooooo family!!

It's 2013?? Man that is crazy!! I'm excited for this New Year though, it's going to be a good one!

It was so awesome getting to talk to ya'll! Wow I miss you! But I really only cried when we said good bye so I just went into the bathroom to pull myself together and then I was good. Which is such a blessing, it was nice to be in someones home so I was distracted afterwards. I was feeling a little guilty for going over on time and we had President interviews this last week so I told him and he was like that is totally fine don't even worry about it, sometimes it's really nice being a sister haha we get all these exceptions. I like everything I got except for maybe the bag I'm still deciding on that one I just don't know when I'd get a chance to exchange it the closest place to here is like 40 min away. I LOVE the CD's !! Especially the Vocal Point one!!!! Wow wow wow it's awesome!! I've shared it with several people and they're all like dang I want a copy of that! So good picks mom! No we didn't end up going caroling, we just stayed at the Hamilton's and talked with them which was fun they are such an awesome family!

Yah I know the Elder from Shelley, Elder Crofts. He got transferred to Dalton right after I left but we hung out with them on p day a couple of times.

Holiday's as missionaries are hard. I'm really glad I only have to do it once. No one is home or doesn't want to talk to you because they have family over or they just say come back after the New Year. Which is understandable, it's just been a long last couple of weeks, but we should be back in business now.

Yesterday we had a lot of success tracting though which was exciting!! We found 4 new investigators all within the same strip of apartments which was great! Now if they'll all keep their appointments it will be even greater!

I spoke in church on Sunday on missionary work and I pulled a lot from Elder Ballard's talk "Be Anxiously Engaged" from this last conference, I think it went pretty well, I just hope that this new year will help light a spark in the branch here. The hardest part is that there is a lot of money up here and people are very set in their ways, also I think it's because there hasn't been any baptisms up here in over 2 years that the branch thinks that there is no one up here. We're really hoping to change that soon!

Oralia and Reynal came to church (they're so great!) but Tasha didn't she has some serious health problems BUT we went over the other day and had an incredible lesson with her about the Atonement, she broke down and just cried telling us how she felt like she had to be strong all the time and she wasn't sure how much more she could take, the spirit was so strong and I knew they weren't my own words when I told her to turn everything over to the Savior, let Him know how you're feeling. Honestly I don't remember all that was said but it was a very powerful lesson. I just hope and pray she will take the things she felt that day and run with them.

I haven't really kept in touch much with anyone from Chatsworth... I just found out that they pulled missionaries out of there completely :( so I guess the Dalton East elders will cover both areas. It sucks though... But maybe that's what Chatsworth needs is a little break and then maybe in a few months when we get all these new missionaries they can send them in again and baptize them all.

New Year’s Eve was our p day. The Chattanooga sisters had volunteered us all to help one of their investigators move, what was only supposed to be like an hour or so project turned into most of our p day which was kinda frustrating but we got her all moved. It was an interesting experience complete with driving with a queen size mattress on top of our little car across a busy two way street (with no straps), a bum digging through the trash and coming and looking through the car to see if we had anything good, setting off the security alarm at this ladies new place (luckily the police weren't called), having to go clean up after this lady because she was just going to leave all her left over crap at her storage unit, and having to cram 4 of us in our car with all this ladies other crap that was going to her place haha there was a lot more that went into it but I'm sure we were a sight! It was one of those days I really wish I had my camera!

Then that night we went over to the Hamilton's again and had food and talked, it was fun! Then I set an alarm at 11:59 and woke up just long enough to say Happy New Year then I was out again. Pretty sure that's the first year in a loooooong time that I haven't stayed up partying until 3 or so in the morning! I hope ya'll had fun! Did the regular gang come over?

I can't believe dad is parting with his beloved slippers of 30 years... Man did ya'll have a moment of silence or something? I'm impressed dad. Should I continue the trend and see if I can keep mine for 30 years?

I'm jealous ya'll have snow! I really do miss it, it's just cold here. That coat has been keeping me warm though! My next buy needs to be some better boots, the ones I got are great for warmth but rain... nope. My feet got completely soaked a couple times now.

Well I think that about wraps up the week. Thank you for all your love and prayers!! I love and miss ya'll!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sister Bedke

p.s. Hahaha Brooke I love you!! And I'm still expecting a picture of Court and Brooke in the footies.
p.s.s. AMBER I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN LIKE 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS NOT OKAY. OR JESS!! YEP STILL NOT OKAY. WRITE ME WOMAN!!! :)
p.s.s.s. I got the letters from the ward! They were so great! I can't remember who said it but one of them said hope you have a Merry Christmas with all the hillbillies haha!!
p.s.s.s.s. I could use another bottle of pure works sometime in the near future por favor! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment