Monday, January 7, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-01-07



Hey fam!

It sounds like things are going great at home! That's kinda scary about Court though... I'm glad she's starting to do better. They say it was sports induced asthma but I think it's because she's feeling so guilty about only writing her sister once in almost 7 months and her body just couldn't take it anymore, pretty sure that's the real cause.

No I haven't gotten rain boots yet I really need to though! I just don't really know where to get any... Any suggestions? No I haven't slammed yet either! I was going to bring them to district meeting so everyone could experience the slam but I forgot and this week we have zone conference. But next week it's gonna happen.

Mom I love the new look on the piano!! It looks beautiful! Nicely done. :)

So Shauna is cutting hair now?! That's awesome! Does she wanna fly out here and cut mine? I could really use one and all the hair cutting places here are closed on Monday! I just have so much stinking hair! I don't want to really cut it yet I like it long, just a trim and thinned, probably bangs too.

That's so exciting Jace about the Priesthood class, I'm so proud of you buddy!

Well its been kind of another slow week... We're working hard and not really seeing any results right now. Honestly it's getting a little discouraging, most of the branch has it in their minds that there is no one on the mountain who is willing to listen so why really try. We just need to find a golden investigator and then I feel like the work will just take off, we just need that spark to be lit.

Tasha didn't come to church again, I'm thinking we might drop her soon. She's just not progressing at all :( It's sad because this gospel can help her so much and I think she realizes that to an extent she just needs to take the initiative to work for it. She's been so sick, I'm kinda worried about her, and she won't go to the doctor!

Thank you so much for teaching me the value of hard work and that if I want something out of life to work for it and not give up until I've achieved it. So many people just haven't been taught that and it's sad. Ya'll are the best! :)

Oralia and Reynal did come to church though! Poor Oralia is in a tough spot and she's starting to get discouraged with her boyfriend. She really is to the point where she needs to take that leap of faith and do something. She knows that she needs to change but she has nobody and no money. It's really sad and we're really not sure what to do anymore. Please keep her in your prayers she really needs them.

I did have a cool experience with her though yesterday. We have a Spanish gospel principles class so I went with her to that and while I was sitting there I felt like I was a new investigator. Sitting there listening to a foreign language not fully understanding what was being said but occasionally I would hear a word or phrase I recognized (there's a quote by Pres. Packer in Preach my Gospel that says the gospel isn't something completely foreign to those who have never heard it because we knew it before this life, he said if the spirit is there and these people really want to know the gospel will have a familiar ring to them). The spirit was definitely there in the class and I could feel it even though I really didn't understand what all was being said. It was really cool and reaffirmed to me that it's my job as a missionary and as the Saviors mouth piece that I do my part to invite the spirit to every lesson so these people can feel it.

So I had my first bash I guess you could call it haha. I really tried not to but this guy was ridiculous! One of the guys we met last week is a devout Jehovah's Witness and he invited us back and I made the mistake of asking him a question at the very beginning and that led to him trying to indoctrinate us. I was able to get my two cents in every once in awhile but that's about it.

We started our English classes this last week, there are two people learning right now, Oralia and her sister in law Adelina. One of our branch missionaries, Sister Caughman, has been teaching them we go when we can to help out. It has been exciting to actually understand Oralia! She's doing great!

Well I think that about wraps up the week. Thank you for the continued love and prayers they really make all the difference.

I love and miss ya'll!!

Sister Bedke :)



P.S.    We were at a members home last night for dinner and she was telling me about a website for missionary moms that I thought you might be interested in... it's http://emailgroups.ourldsfamily.com then your request Tennessee Knoxville mission. Then I think they might send you something just to verify that you really do have a missionary out because it's a private site.

Okay one last thing... Dad do you know a Ned Iverson from the church office building? He's my branch president's dad and he said he's worked there for years.

K I think that's everything now.

Love ya'll!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment