Monday, February 4, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-02-04



Hey family!!

Well it's official... I'm training! We were on the conference call Saturday, all the sisters in the mission are training! I guess there will be two 3 somes. Then we're getting 8 more new ones in March so the newbies will probably be training after just 5 weeks. Craaaaazy! So the next time you hear from me I will be Sister Bedke- trainer! I'm both excited and a little nervous. I just hope and pray I get a happy sister who wants to work. They are white washing two areas in our district so only 4 of the original 10 will be in the district now... It's going to be weird but change is good, I have to keep telling myself that.

This last week was kinda crazy, I was in Chattanooga for 3 days because we did exchanges and Sister Mickelson was in Knoxville for a day. It was fun being with Sister Gonzalez and Tate though, then Sister Gonzalez and I did exchanges which was so fun! We stayed up talking til like 1 in the morning, I'm really going to miss her!

It's always an adventure coming downtown you never really know what to expect, we got totally cussed out by this lady, we were teaching this lady's son (which was going really well!) and she just comes storming out of the room saying how he doesn't need to follow a prophet just Jesus Christ. It was just a big misunderstanding she thought we had said only a prophet I guess but we were not about to leave because the lesson with her son was going so well and he was excited about what he was hearing anyway it was really cool because the spirit just completely took over, we calmed her down and re-explained and by the end she was like wow I really like what I'm hearing and the holy spirit is confirming to me that it's true! It was awesome, the spirit truly is an amazing thing.

So an update on Tasha... We were able to see her this week and read from the Book of Mormon with her but she's starting to backslide again... She knows its true what she's learned and that the priesthood power is real but she's just not willing to work for it ugh it's so frustrating! Like with church yesterday she said she wanted to go so I told her to set an alarm and to call. Well 8 o'clock roles around and she still hasn't called so I call her and she's still asleep and her dad wouldn't wake her up. So I don't know what we'll end up doing with her. I'm kinda wondering if we were just meant to help her through this trial with her grandma and now is the time to drop her, which makes me so sad but she's just not progressing... :(

Oralia and Reynal are doing great though! The only downer is that her boyfriend is being dumb right now and not wanting to marry her at the moment. He says he just wants to wait a couple months... I have no idea why, they've been together for so long I don't understand why he won't just commit. We were hoping to get them both baptized before Sisters Gonzalez and Mickelson left but it won't happen... :( But I really think it'll happen within the next couple of weeks. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

We were also able to get in touch with an old investigator who is anxious to learn his name is Jim, so we were really excited about that.

The branch is getting really fired up about missionary work it's so awesome!! :) :) There is a book that just came out that a lot of them have been reading and I wanted to tell ya'll about it so you can check it out, it's called, The Power of Everyday Missionaries by Clayton A. Christensen, the members here are swearing by it. I guess he just gives a lot of different ideas on how to look at incorporating missionary work into your everyday life.

We've been meeting with a lot of members lately which has been fun and productive, this branch really is amazing, I love serving here!

Dad I think I found that Troy Smith guys info! I'm planning on calling sometime this week.

Well I think that about wraps it up for the week. It's going to be a crazy upcoming week! But I really am excited for a new gal with a completely fresh view of things.

Love and miss ya'll!! xoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment