Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-01-22



Hey family!!

First off... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACER MAN!!!! I hope you have a great year bud! I love you!!! :) :)

I'm so glad to hear Court is doing better! How much longer does she have to sit out? How's the team doing this year?

Still no luck with boots and I just kept the bag ya'll sent. Smaller bag= less stuff to carry!

I'm glad Jace's  card was still in there and that they didn't take it man that makes me mad that you have to worry about sending things in the mail... I'm glad the check was still in the other one.

Brooke is snowboarding now?? That's awesome! Good for you babe! You'll have to show me a thing or two when I get back, I'd love to try it out sometime. Everyone out here is shocked every time I say I've only been skiing once in my whole life and I live in Utah.

The campouts have started for Jace! I've heard that those snow caves are really warm to sleep in but I don't know that I'd want to try it out when its 0 degrees outside. I'm glad he had fun. 
  
How was Get Air?? Did everyone make it out alive?

So far I've stayed healthy, but yah there has been a lot of sickness going around the mission and the area. I'm so grateful that Sister Mickelson and I both have stayed healthy, which really is a miracle because we've been around A LOT of sick people. Thank you for the motherly reminder of taking my vitamins, you're right (as usual) I do need to start doing that again. 

An update on the week... When we went and visited Oralia and Reynal we talked about baptism again. Oralia really does want to be baptized, she also said that she wants to marry Reynal Sr... So I don't know if she sees that as her only option or if things are maybe starting to get better. But we run into another problem with them getting married... They're both illegal and so if they wanted to get a marriage license they would have to lie about being born in America or start taking the steps to becoming legal which I've heard is a really long process. Man... It just gets more and more complicated, we think we're about to cross a bridge and then wham something else comes up. We have a lawyer in our branch though so I think we'll try talking to him and see what he suggests would be best. Sometimes I just wish that people would do things the right way the first time... It really saves a lot of heartache and trouble in the long run.

We had a crazy week with Tasha... We were going to drop her because she really wasn't progressing so we head over there and every time I would get started with telling her we couldn't come by anymore we would get interrupted by something (which usually never happens) that happened seriously 4 or 5 times. So I stopped and thought maybe this is a sign that we're not supposed to drop her just yet. Oh before all this happened we walk in and the first thing she says is "Look!" she was holding up a fake cigarette and said I haven't smoked all day! (we went around 4:30) which for her is a HUGE accomplishment! She's been smoking for the past like 15 or so years (and she's only 31) anyway so that was really exciting! And we hadn't really talked with her about it for a couple weeks so that was all on her own that she's making that decision to stop! (and the help of many prayers in her behalf! Prayer is amazing!)

So the next day we get a text from her saying her ex husband is going to sue her for not paying child support (which is a long and complicated story, that I don't want to get into) but long story short her ex is a loser and doesn't even really take care of her other son and also they aren't technically divorced so she shouldn't have to be paying child support in the first place right? So that's a big mess and then on Sunday after church we get another text from her saying please call me I don't know how much more I can take, there's been an accident with my grandma. So I hurry and call her and she is just sobbing on the phone, I guess her grandma (who is 92 and weighs maybe 80 lbs she's tiny!) fell off the porch and was bleeding pretty bad on her head and all over her arm. Tasha pulls up and there is an ambulance at her house so she asks her step mom whats going on and she just starts screaming at Tasha, I'm not sure what about but Tasha runs around back and sees her grandma laying there bleeding all over and her sister starts screaming at her and the EMT's (her family is kind of psycho... especially her sisters) so they rush her grandma to the hospital and when I called her she was in the car on her way there. So I tell her we'll meet her there and that I'll call the Elders to come and give her a blessing which she was so grateful for, honestly I don't think anyone's ever really cared for or about her before. So we hurry down to the hospital and the Elders meet us there, we had to wait before we could go in because she was in the ER so we're outside waiting for 15 min or so then her sister comes out yelling at Tasha again that they're rushing their grandma to another hospital because they found bleeding in her brain. We tell Tasha to call us as soon as she knows whats going on and we can come meet her there later. As we're pulling out of the parking lot we see Tasha standing there on the side of the road so we pull over and ask what was going on and I guess her sister literally shoved her out of her car in the middle of the road because she got mad about something and then left Tasha there. So we asked if she wanted us to wait with her until her ride got there but she said she'd be okay I think she wanted some time to be alone, so we left. I felt awful leaving her there but there really was nothing more we could do, I hate that feeling of being absolutely helpless for someone. Last I talked to her she said that her grandma is in the ICU, with not much change, I think we're going to try and go down there sometime today and see how she's doing. I hope all that makes sense, it makes me so sad that some families treat each other like that, you're supposed to have your family to lean on when times are hard not cause more problems and make you feel worse.

Her grandma is her everything though she raised her, so I don't know how she'll react if she ends up dying. It's sad and frustrating that she finally starts to take steps forward and then wham the adversary hits her so hard. I just really hope and pray that she makes this horrible situation turn her towards Heavenly Father, this really could be a make it or break it point for her. I hope she makes it. Please keep her in your prayers.

I told ya'll about Jean last week who I was so excited about. Well we go over there and she tells us that I want to be fair and let you know that I don't want to continue studying... Punch in the face. A little later she asked do you wanna know why and I said yes! Her main reason is that she doesn't feel like she needs to be re-baptized so I briefly re-explained priesthood authority and she said that she'll keep praying about it. Then I asked her before you make up your mind will you please just come to church one time? She said that she would, so hopefully she'll be coming this Sunday. I also asked if she would want to hear the rest of the lessons just for her own information and she said yes so hopefully and prayerfully something will happen there soon. She is absolutely perfect and so sweet, she would be an awesome addition to the branch.

This weekend I get to have a real Southern experience and eat squirrel! Haha! I'm kind of excited I'll let you know how it goes!

Well I think that about wraps up my week. Thank you for your continued love and prayers they mean more than you'll ever know.

Love and miss ya'll!!!

Love,

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment