Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-12-17



Hey ya'll!!

Hahaha Amb I love you! I'm sitting in a very crowded library just laughing! So I'm not exactly sure how skype and stuff will work yet... We have a couple options with members we just haven't set anything in stone yet, hopefully I can let you know for sure in a couple of days. The branch is taking really good care of us we have like 3 different familes for Christmas eve and Christmas day :) Please make sure that the missionaries there have somewhere to go! The Chattanooga sisters branch hasn't invited them... So they'll probably just end up coming up to Signal Mtn with us, it's just sad that no one has even offered them an invitation so please make sure the missionaries there have something set up.

Yes I opened them all from grandma and grandpa haha... I read the letter wrong I thought it said I could open them all early woops haha but I've really been enjoying the chocolate and the cd :) I haven't gotten a letter from Grandma B in several weeks... Which address is she sending them to?

Yah it was a huge bummer to get split up and yes she got stuck with the problem companion... So we'll see how it goes. Sister Mickelson has been out for 17 months so she goes home at the beginning of February with Sister Gonzalez. And yes she has been in Signal before which is the main reason they brought her back, she was here for 6 months left for 3 weeks and now she's back. She was happy to come back though.

So an update on the week...

Our first lesson with Oralia and Reynal without Sister Gonzalez went really well! We had a member with us who translated and it went a lot smoother than expected! She is so perfect! She really is a dry Mormon. They came to church yesterday and just loved it! President Griffey (stake president)  came and spoke to the branch and at the end of his talk he says "I know some of you here today aren't members of the church yet. I want you to go home get on your knees and pray about getting baptized this Saturday and confirmed Sunday!" I guess I grabbed Sister Mickelson's hand haha and then I just burst into tears. That seriously was an answer to prayers, we knew that we've been needing to bring up baptism with them again but really just haven't known how to do it and then there it was! Man the spirit was so incredibly strong! So we went over to Oralia's after church and talked to her about what had been said, she told us that she's still praying about it she just doesn't get why she needs to be married or why sexual relationships before marriage are bad. So we read from the Family Proclamation and cleared that right up she then told us she wanted us to come over tomorrow and teach this to Ray. We of course said yes and had been planning for her then this morning we get a text saying that he won't be there... :( So I don't know what Oralia's going to end up doing, she knows what she needs to do I just hope she has the faith and strength to do it. And maybe what President Griffey said will end up happening, if they have the faith to make it happen. Please keep them in your prayers. Reynal is 12 and yes her boyfriend is his dad.

We were finally able to get in with Tasha yesterday also! She has been so sick but we got in and had a good lesson with her on goals and what she wants out of life. She then promised us that she will be at chuch Sunday, she's said that before though so please keep her in your prayers as well that she will be able to see how the gospel can help her in her life.

As of right now those are our only solid investigators, Bill basically dropped us. This week was kind of a training week I guess so we could get into the swing of things and I could get used to being in charge. Being the senior companion means that I have the final say on things, we plan things together but then I usually lead out with things which has been a big adjustment. I've really had to be the strong companion, Sister Mickelson copies everything I do (literally everything...) And she really doesn't have much self confidence, so I've been trying to boost that the best I can. I guess it'll be good practice though cuz in February we are getting 12 new sisters!! So pretty much all of us will be training!! Big changes will be happening the next couple of months!

Well I think that's the highlights of the week... It was kinda slow going but things are going to be better this week! Thank you everyone for all the love, support, and prayers it really means a lot. I love love love ya'll!!! xoxoxo

Love,
Sister Bedke

p.s.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!! I love you!! xoxoxo

p.s.s.  8 MORE DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment