Monday, October 29, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-10-29



Hey family!

Sounds like things are going great at home! I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle Brooker, way to be tough and play through it! I'm anxious to hear how the rest of the season goes for you guys! Ya'll got snow?!?! Oh man... This week was absolutely gorgeous in the high 70's all week until Saturday... Then the ball got dropped it was in the high 40's then, yesterday, and today. NOT COOL! I'm sooooo not ready for winter. But I think it's coming whether I like it or not. I've been told that last winter was nothing all you really needed was a jacket and you could call it good but people are saying this winter is going to be cold, really cold. Just my luck haha oh well I'll stay warm somehow.

No there really hasn't been much change with my knee... :( I think it's starting to hurt worse. I've been icing it (probably not as much as I should though which might make a difference..) and I take ibuprofen a couple times a day. I just don't know what else to do... Yah I got my coat thank you! It's definitely big enough, we probably could have gone with the small but I don't know that its worth it to switch it out. I don't know what do you think? And yes I got my absentee ballot, it was kinda exciting that was my first official time voting! Yah I have a red and gray sweater out here and thats about it. I stay warm enough in the apt right now, Sister Walker had an extra fleece blanket that she's been letting me use but I'll probably need another one soon but I can just go buy some fleece so don't worry about sending me one for now.

I don't know Elder Hoy but that about breaks my heart that poor guy oh my gosh that would be so hard. NONE OF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DIE WHILE I'M OUT HERE!!

A few people have mentioned Mitt Romney to us most of them say something like, I don't want to hear what you have to say but I'm definitely voting for a Mormon! I thought there would be more of a stir too but so far not to much has been said.

You might just have to tell me what it is Courtney did because she doesn't write me!!! It's been how long since homecoming and still nothing... I'm hurt Court. But if you get a letter off to me this week I might just forgive you.

I can't believe we'll have 8 full time missionaries out!!! That's awesome!! Who all is out? That movie 'The District' is actually the one they use to train us those first 3 months, it's cool and that really is how missions are, I loved how real it was portrayed.

We didn't get in with Jimmy and Christy this week, Christy has been really sick all week so whenever we dropped in we'd just say hi and bye basically. We ordered them both large print book of Mormons so hopefully they'll start reading more. They are only in their high 30's and low 40's but have crappy eyes I guess. I really hope she gets feeling better soon so we can get teaching them again. No Austin and Laura didn't end up coming yesterday... But we did meet with them last night and committed them for this Sunday!! But then we realized its stake conference dang it... And it's in Chattanooga, this would be Laura's first time ever going to church so we'll let them know that it'll be a little different and if they're willing to drive out there. But our lesson with them went really well, we read Alma 32, she read it on her own but didn't really understand so we went through and explained what to look for. After we met with them we went over to Austin's parents house Roger and Lisa Bell (who are awesome!! I love going over there :)), they are also less active, but when we told them that we're teaching Austin and Laura they both got really excited and talked about how this could help them get back into church as well as their other daughter! So really pray hard that things can align there! That would be 3 more families added to the ward if they all started coming which would be fantastic! 

Something pretty cool happened this week... We were out tracting I think it was on Wednesday, it was a car fast day so we were walking and we had had zero success. We heard about some apartments up behind the grocery store that a member used to live in but the last time missionaries were there one of the residents there called the cops on them so they haven't been tracted for awhile but we thought what the heck we'll try it anyway. So we get there and the first several doors people were very rude it was getting to the point that the next person that said some snotty comment I was going to take my Jesus face off (thats a saying that I heard a member say this week hahaha I love it) and give them a piece of my mind. Of course I wouldn't do that but I sure felt like it! Anyway we go to the upstairs apartments and this lady answers and invites us in! She was super friendly and when we asked her if she had a church she was going to right now she said no I haven't found the right one yet and you girls showed up! We taught her very briefly the restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon and set a return appt. Unfortunately she had to go to the hospital the day we were supposed to meet (Satan... man I really don't like him) so hopefully we'll be able to work something else out this week. Keep her in your prayers too, her name is Connie Hayes.

Well I think that about wraps up my week... Thank you for all the continued love and support. I feel those prayers all the time. I love and miss you all!! xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. I thought of something I'd like for Christmas a new bag I love my black one that I got but it got snagged on something and now has a big tear in the back :( it'll work for now but if you find another one kind of like it that would be awesome, also a Nike just do it shirt, that has kind of become my motto and I thought that'd be fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment