Monday, October 15, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-10-15



Hey Y’all!!

Sounds like things are going great at home! I'm so glad you got to see Suzanne and her baby!! Man I'm excited to see them again... I miss them! Congrats on the soccer game Jacer! You are the man. That conference sounds cool that dad went to, I wish we could incorporate family history into more of our teaching but I really have no idea how to use the site and a lot of people we meet don't have computers anyway and I don't know that they'd care, which is sad. I found out this week that Murray county is the state’s highest drug usage, teen pregnancy, and unemployment rate in all of Georgia,  one of the highest unemployment rates in the United States actually and I'm living right in the middle of it haha. Oh man...

Yes we have to meet with John on the porch because there's not another woman there, the past few days haven't been bad though weather wise but soon it’s gonna be COLD!! There's a less active couple in our ward, the Bells, who are landscapers and told us there are some definite signs that its going to be a cold winter... awesome.

As for Roy he hasn't been calling us as often anymore, I really don't know what his deal is. Bishop pulled us into his office yesterday though and told us he and the stake president looked up his records and he is a registered sex offender... We knew he was on probation but I didn't know that was why. So bishop told us not to go over there anymore and that if he ever does decide to get baptized it’s going to be a pretty big process. We were always smart when we went over there and most of the time we had someone with us but I'm just so grateful that Heavenly Father kept us save and really I'm also grateful that I didn't know those things before because even though I know I shouldn't judge I would have and I know I wouldn't have been able to teach him as well because I'd be seeing is his past. But know he knows about the church and can turn his life around hopefully.

The new Elders are awesome! We haven't got to spend very much time with them yet, but from what I've seen I like. They like to have fun, but also know how to work. Which has been a breath of fresh air for me because my companion is NOT FUN. Oh my lands I'm trying so hard but some days she is more than I can handle. She's just weird and copies me a lot ugh but only about a month left! I really really hope my next companion actually has a sense of humor and likes to have fun but also work hard. No they don't all live together the area they're in is split in two Dalton west and east, they live about 10 minutes from each other or so. I'm the driver now because it really stressed Sister Walker out and I mentioned to her that she doesn't have to drive she jumped at the chance to switch so it was a win win.

This week was very uneventful unfortunately... We did A TON of walking and tracting. Saturday we walked just shy of 15 miles!!! In 2 days we walked about 25 miles! Oh my heck my legs were so sore yesterday especially my hip, it’s doing alright today though thank goodness. But my right knee has been bothering me a lot lately. It's the one that has bothered me before but I don't know what to do to have it stop hurting. I've been putting my heating pad on it at night for like 15 or so minutes and I take ibuprofen to help with the pain but I don't know what else to do or try. Suggestions? We did find a couple of new investigators out tracting though so hopefully something will happen there!

We couldn't get ahold of Christy this week we went by a few times and called but we didn't get to talk to her at all... :( I'm getting really worried we'll probably push her baptism back again. I just really hope she doesn't push us away or want to stop meeting with us it literally might break my heart. But I thought of her a lot when I was reading that talk too, I want to share it with her, just have to get ahold of her first! Keep the prayers coming!

I'm glad to hear Taylor is doing better, that is nasty that he had that living inside of him!!

I sometimes have time to read Grandma's emails, we get about an hour on the computer is all. And I only print at this library if I really want something because its stinkin .25 cents per paper!

I think that about wraps up my week like I said not very eventful hopefully this week will be better! Thank you for the prayers, love, and encouragement. Somedays that’s the only things that keeps me going. I love and miss you all!!! xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. I forgot we had a zone conference this week which was good! But Sister Cady told me that her brother in law is Kent Black, Uncle Matt's friend! She said her sister said I guess after this anniversary she has officially lived with Kent longer than Matt Kinghorn haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment