Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-10-09



Hey dad, mom, Amb, Court, Brooker, Jacer man, MP3 and everyone else who reads this blog!

Thank you for Russ Nay's info dad I know Bro Cox will be really happy to get that. I'm so sorry everyone has been sick. I laughed out loud in the dead silent library at Madi's comment to you mom haha!! The secrets out! I got the gps thank you thank you grandma and grandpa!! Court you looked smokin hot! I'm still waiting on the pics and how it went. The sweater is to big but I'm sure I can find someone who will appreciate it. And thank you grandma and grandpa for the horse picture and story I've always loved that picture at your house and now its hanging right by my study desk as a reminder to me, I'm thinking I'll probably share it at district meeting sometime.

In answer to some of your questions, no most of our appts weren't there unfortunately that happens a lot and it gets slightly discouraging okay a lot discouraging. But Becky sent me an AWESOME talk by Elder Holland (thank you Becky!!) that has helped with some of those discouraging days. It talks about not forgetting that confirmation you got in the first place for me that serving a mission is what I'm supposed to be doing and not to forget that feeling of doing what is right. Yes we still meet with John every night, its getting COLD now though so we hurry and read from the BOM and then go home, which sucks but what can you do? Because of legal things we aren't allowed to volunteer at elementary schools or really be around kids, we're not allowed to hold them or anything :( I hate that one missionaries actions affect things for everyone else. There's only one nursing home in Murray county that we're aware of and we still go there every Wed and every other Fri which is so much fun!

Yes conference was fantastic!! Oh my gosh conference for missionaries is like Christmas haha we all get really hyped up and excited! President Uchtdorf's talk was meant for me, like I told you I've been bummed about not having a change this transfer but I loved how he talked about finding joy in the journey now, not focusing on the finish line but finding happiness no matter what your circumstances are. That is exactly what I needed, there's nothing I can do to change my situation right now so I might as well make the best of it that I can! I also loved Sister Dibbs, Elder Ballard, and Elder Holland's talks, I'm excited to re read them! I think I mentioned in my last letter that I'd like you to send me just the conference ensigns please! And yah the whole age change!! I thought it was so funny how they panned out on the audiences faces and everyone just had their mouths dropped wide open haha! I think you're right there are going to be a lot more sisters who serve now. And Amb was the first person who came to my mind, I wanted to talk to her sooooo bad afterwards. It was cool though there is a girl in our ward, Joana, who will be 19 in a couple of months, was sitting across from us and during the announcement she burst into tears then came over to me afterwards and was like "I'm going on a mission!!" I'm so excited for this new change! For the first session we went to the chapel, second we went to the McKenney's, third we went to the Arharts, and fourth we were at the chapel again. The only downer was we didn't have any investigators come to watch... Even though a few said they would. :(

We got three new Elders this week! Elder Robison (who is wayyyy cute!) from Roberts, ID does grandma and grandpa know their family? His dad is a potato farmer I think. Anyway he is our new district leader and is training Elder Dreeson, who is from California, and Elder Pierce who is from Utah he is with Elder Ready who stayed. They all seem like great guys and I'm excited to get to work with them.

I had Bro McKenney send you that info dad because he's got this machine that helps with aches and pains. Anyway it sounds kinda weird but he and a whole bunch of people in the ward swear by it and I though it'd be something you might be interested in.

The big news of the week is.... Christy has a new baptism date!!! She's been really hesitant the past couple of weeks but our lesson with her a few days ago went really well, the spirit was there and we invited her again and she accepted! Another awesome thing is that her husband Jimmy has been listening in the past 3 or 4 times and last time we were there he asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon! Now if he'll just come to church... Please continue to keep them in your prayers. They are really our only solid investigators right now.

Thank you Brooke and Jace for cheering on BYU for me!! And Jace for doing the smack talk to Amb for me haha ya'll are the best! :)

I hope Taylor gets feeling better soon, its hard enough being a missionary being healthy I can't even imagine being sick all the time especially in a foreign country. Props to him for finishing! I heard that Governor Romney blew Obama out of the water!! Haha that's awesome! It'll be interesting to see what happens these next few weeks. Speaking of elections... Can you send me an absentee ballet or something? I'd like to vote but I don't really know how to go about doing it out here.

Well I think that about wraps up my week. Oh wait no! We almost died the other day! We were out tracting and we were headed down a private road and as we round the bend these two huge pit bulls come charging right at us, teeth baring, growling, barking ready to attack. We as calmly as we can turn around and start to walk away the one came right up to me and tried to get my bag but I yanked it away and prayed so hard that Heavenly Father would protect us. Right after that it was like we had this shield placed around us because they didn't come within a few feet from us after that. Once we got back to the main road they went back to the house, I was shaking so bad it was so scary. But I know that Heavenly Father was watching over us that day!

Also I'm now the designated driver for real this time! So I no longer put my life on the line when I get in the car! :) Now I think I'm done... Keep the letters coming! I love and miss you all!! xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment