Monday, October 1, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-10-01



Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 9:36 AM

Helloooooo family!!

Thank you so much for the letter, it sounds like everything is going great at home!  I hope you get feeling better soon Court!  I still haven't gotten a report on the dance or pictures yet, that is not okay.  Someone please call or text Jess for me and see if she got my letter and tell her to write me so I know what's going on with her and Scott!!  No I haven't met him but I know she thinks the world of him, what did U Brice think? I'm glad you got my pictures I was getting worried that they didn't get there for some reason, I don't know how to e-mail them still on the computers here so I was thinking you could probably just scan them onto the blog or something.  Yah I've written all of my MTC district at least once and have kept in regular contact with 3 of them, it’s been fun.  Yes I've written Emily a couple times and have gotten one back from her so far and now I'm just waiting to hear back from her again.  She's doing great!  She told me (granted she'd only been out 3 or so weeks) but that she had done NO TRACTING!!  They are that busy or just get referrals from members all the time!  I was sooooo jealous most of the time it seems like that’s all we do is tract and have gotten almost no member referrals... :( Each mission is so different!

This week has been better we found a couple of new investigators who I hope will actually be there for our appts all the ones we've had the past couple of weeks have bonked us which gets really old.  So yah I know how you feel when someone backs out of appts it is discouraging but don't give up on that lady!  That's so awesome that you invited them to do it at our home!  Those are called cottage meetings and really are the best kind of teaching situations, in a member’s home where the spirit is already felt.  I'm excited to hear how things go with her.  How long has Matt been out? How is he doing? That's crazy about the Littlewood kid Armenia!!  There actually was a sister from there that served here right before me.  Yah we'll get an extra tracting hour now because we're done with training and we're trying to find service opportunities but it's been kinda hard, we tried the Salvation Army last week but they didn't have anything for us to do yet, we'll keep looking though.

This week we got to meet with Christy who is getting better!  Her husband Jimmy has been sitting in our last couple of lessons to which is awesome, now if we can just get him to come to church.  They told us they might come to General Conference this weekend for at least one session, I really hope they do.  We also met with a really awesome young couple the husband, Austin, is a member but not active and his wife, Laura is Pentecostal anyway we had a good visit with them and they also expressed interest in coming to General Conference this weekend!  I really hope things happen there, they would be a great asset to the ward, and we need more young couples.

Church yesterday was fantastic!!  The stake president came to ward council and very intensely told the council that the members have got to be more involved in missionary work.  I guess this year the Dalton ward has had about 23 baptisms and maybe 12 of them come regularly it’s sad.  So for combined Relief Society/Priesthood the Bishop told everyone that they would be getting assignments to help bring those who have fallen away back.  I think big things are going to happen with this ward, if the members will all do their part.

Yes we got to watch the broadcast on Saturday, it was excellent!  I can't remember the Relief Society presidents name but I really liked her talk on the Atonement and how all that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.  How true that is, I think a lot of us forget the breadth of the Atonement, we think that it's only for people who need to repent because of something they've done wrong but it’s so much more than that!  It's for all of us who are hurting, lonely, scared, and lost.  The Savior has felt it all and can comfort each and every one of us no matter what we're going through!  :)

I think that about covers it for the week...  We're getting three new Elders on Wednesday.  They're white washing Dalton west so we're getting a new district leader and everything.  I'm going to miss those Elders, I really hate goodbyes but we're going to have a fun last p day together today.  Keep the letters coming family.  I love hearing from you!!  Tell the ward hi for me and thank you for all the love and support, I really have felt all the prayers from them and from the family.  I've been so incredibly blessed!!  Y'all are the best!!  I love you!!  xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment