Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-11-05

Hey Family!


I'm glad to hear Brooke is doing better, leg pain is no fun at all.  My knee really isn't getting any better...  When I went to the doctor's they really that much help at all, I got it x-rayed in Dalton and they said that nothing is wrong with the bone but they think it might be my cartilage, my meniscus, or a torn ligament.  I can't remember if I told ya'll what happened but it was about 5 or 6 weeks ago and I was coming down a really steep gravely drive way and slipped and my knee went out to the side.  I really didn't think much of it because it'll kinda go in waves of when it hurts but the past few days it’s been really sore.  It feels like its pulsing and several times a day I'll get a shooting pain of the inner part of my knee.  The doctor said the next step would be going to an orthopedic doctor and getting an MRI but so far they haven't taken my insurance and there's no way I can afford to get one without insurance.  She prescribed me an anti-inflammatory medicine and told me to go get a brace so I did and I've been wearing it and I've been icing it 2 or 3 times a day.  I just don't know what to do...  Part of me is like just tough it out because I don't want to come home yet but the other part is saying I don't want to cause permanent damage to it either...  I'm getting a blessing today so I hope I can get some answers.

But onto happier topics, stake conference yesterday was awesome!  Unfortunately we didn't have any investigators come but the messages given were so powerful.  The vision in this stake is baptizing every week!  I'm still struggling to see that vision but slowly I think I'll get there.  President Griffey (stake pres) spoke about finding the lost sheep but also making sure we take care of the 99 and keep them strong and supported.  Then President Drewes (the temporary mission president, President Irion is in Utah getting his knee replaced and will probably be out for the next month or so) talked about 4 steps on how to keep our faith strong and to become fully converted to the gospel.  1. Study the scriptures daily.  2. Pray powerfully.  3. 3 Nephi 27:21- Be a doer! and 4. Be like the Savior.  It was an awesome conference, I just love the people out here!  They're so great!  :)

We were finally able to meet with Jimmy and Christy this week!  We are starting the lessons over with them because Jimmy hasn't heard them.  So we taught the Restoration which went really well, Jimmy was very interested in the priesthood and asked a lot of questions (which is a first!).  We weren't able to see Austin and Laura this week but we'll catch em sometime this week.  The Bells are doing alright, we did have a really good talk with them a few days ago about the temple.  They were all set to go but something happened and now they aren't coming to church.  But we talked about how they shouldn't let anything stand in the way of going to the temple especially pride.  I hope and pray we did some good.

We finally found a new investigator this week!  Her name is Phyllis Gaddy, we had a really good discussion with her about the Restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon.  She is Catholic and an Obama supporter but I like her anyway.  :) We're really hoping something good will happen there.

In answer to some of ya'lls questions...  Yes my bad is not much bigger than my purse, I'm thinking one of those American Eagle bags we already have will work.  Yah I'm doing fine money wise and yes our money rolls over each month thank goodness!  Transfers are next week on the 14th and yes Sister Walker is excited to go home.

Please send my love to Aunt Sarah, I will definitely remember her in my prayers.  I had a flash back to when we thought you had cancer mom, man that was so scary.  Thank goodness for the knowledge we have of the gospel and that families really can be together forever!  I don't know how other people can live not knowing that...

For Halloween we had to be in by 6 so we spent the night carving pumpkins!  Sister Walker had never done any cool carvings before so I showed her the ropes, I think I've opened her eyes to a lot of things haha.

Last night we had a mission shower for Keyaundra, which was lots of fun!  We had dinner and then she opened her gifts.  It ceases to amaze me the goodness of a ward family, this ward reminds me a lot of our ward so loving and willing to help in any way possible.  They're all great!  :)

Well I think that's about the highlights of the week...  I love and miss you all!!  xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment