Monday, November 25, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-11-25



Subject:  This transfer's gonna be a good one!!

November 25, 2013
Hey family!!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!!! :)

Sounds like things are going pretty good back home! I hope Jace gets feeling better, he's probably just anxious cause I'm coming home so soon, he's just not even sure how to handle it! I'm not even sure how to handle it. You just keep working hard and moving forward, that's what you do. I just feel like there's so much do to still and I'm running out of time to do it... Lucky for me I have an incredible new companion! Her name is Erin Huber from Amarillo TX. We were in the same district about a year ago and went on a couple of exchanges down in Chattanooga when she was first out and now it's coming full circle! I'm way excited to work with her and I feel totally and completely 100% confident that she will take great care of Kingsport after I leave.

We started our first day off with a bang, we got 2 baptismal commitments! Remember the Short family I told y'all about a few weeks back, Debbie and Hunter well we were FINALLY able to get in with them on Thursday, and set a date for Dec 21, they are so golden! We're hoping to get Debbie and Eric's daughter Kallie for that same day, she's close. She recently started coming to church with Debbie and has really enjoyed it, she was like it wasn't as weird as I thought it was going to be haha! Eric is a member already but has been inactive for a lot of years, a few months ago Debbie was like I want us to go to church, Eric said I'll only go to my church so Debbie said fine if you'll go to mine, I'll go to yours. When Debbie went to our church there was no turning back, she said this is so much better than anything I've ever heard experienced! And they've been going faithfully for awhile up in the Powell Valley ward (which is about an 1 1/2 drive for them) they were going there though because they used to live up there and Eric's family goes there but they've finally agreed to come to the Kingsport ward. Hunter is 10 and Kallie is 14 and we have an awesome Primary and YW program here, Powell Valley is so small they don't really have that at all, so that would be awesome for them to get involved. I'm so excited! It's been my dream my whole mission to get to work with a family and finally at the end it's happening! :)

Sister Fox headed down to Hixon in Chattanooga, she's still an STL so I'll get to see her when we have mission leadership council which will be good, I'm going to miss working with her. And Sister Roundy is in Lafollette (sp?) and I have no idea where that is. She was a little nervous and started crying but I know she'll be just fine, she's made so many strides to becoming the missionary I know she's capable of becoming.

There's still no change with Vivian or Marge, Marge told us to stop texting her last night... :(  Man it just sucks when you know people know and they reject it, rejection really doesn't get any easier I've decided no matter how often it happens. But that's what the area books for hopefully future missionaries will find her again and she'll accept the gospel in the future.

No update on anyone else either this week, Patty Nisbet finally got back in town so I'm excited to get to start working with her again. Kim Williams is making slow but steady progress as well, it just seems like when she starts to take steps forward something sets her back every single time. Their little girl Trinity is in the hospital right now, prayers for them would be appreciated.

I don't know if I've ever really mentioned the LA's we've been working with but one of them is Debbie Hickman she used to be a seminary teacher, YW President, several things but then about 5 years ago things just started crashing down on her and she stopped going. We've been working with her for about 4 months now and she came to church yesterday!!!! :) :) She brought her 7 year old grandson Ezra, who she has custody of and he really enjoyed it as well. It was awesome! Seriously working with LA's is one of my favorite things in the world to do! Seeing that light come back in their eyes is incredible!

Our plans for Thanksgiving should be good, we've got a few people who have invited us over and we're playing in the turkey bowl! It should be fun. I'll be thinking of y'all.

Yah Brielle e-mailed me and says he has pancreatitis I guess he's dropped a lot of weight and has been in a lot of pain, she said he's also been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes... Other than that I'm not sure all whats going on. Keep me updated please.

Well I think that about covers it for this week. Thank you again for your constant prayers, love, and support it's what keeps me going a lot of days. I hope you have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving!

I love, love, love you!!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke- the elder :)

p.s. Yes I got my ensign thanks again for sending that! You da best.

p.s.s. Jace I don't think I've gotten anything from you in awhile bud... I think I replied to your last letter. Maybe I'm wrong though, you should write me again and I promise I'll get back to you! Love you bud.

p.s.s.s. That goes for all you siblings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment