Monday, November 18, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-11-18



Subject:  I'm going to die.... IN KINGSPORT!!! :)

November 18, 2013
Hey hey hey!!!

You read it right, I'm staying in Kingsport for my last transfer! Almost half my mission (7 1/2 months) in one area! I'm thrilled though, I've just been feeling like there's something more that I still need to do here and I have 6 weeks to figure it out. No pressure or anything...

Sister Fox and Roundy are both leaving though... We were kinda shocked I thought for sure Sister Fox and I would stay together for my last transfer but the Lord has something else in store I guess. I'll still be a STL which I'm excited about, I don't think I'd really know how to handle myself just being a normal missionary with no extra responsibilities.

This has been an interesting week...We went from a lot of highs to some lows. I don't remember if I mentioned Vivian Stapleton or not last week, she's an older lady who we've been teaching she seemed so golden, we extended a baptismal date and she excepted, we were so excited! Then Friday came... We get to her door I'm all excited to teach her and we find a note taped to the door that says Mormon Sisters on the front and my heart sunk. It really was a sweet letter (as sweet as being dropped can be haha) that said she needed to take some time to think and at her age it was going to be really hard to change. I just started crying but after a minute I had a peace come over me that everything was going to be okay with her, it still sucks but I really just know somehow that everything’s going to work out.

The other major downer was Marge Baldwin from last week that had a date also, we had such an incredible lesson with her the other day. We did a church tour and taught part of the plan of salvation, the spirit was so thick you could taste it, she started crying and said that this is really where she felt like she needed to be and that she definitely was going to be baptized. All this was on Friday we called her Sunday morning for a wake up call for church and she was up and getting ready to go. 9:00 o'clock rolls around though and no Marge... Then came the text. It said something like I just need some time to think things over, cancel our meeting for next week. Man my heart was crushed... All this rejection gets really hard sometimes. I refuse to give up on her though, she is so ready I think she's just scared same with Vivian... I hate to tell you this Amb but even after 17 months rejection doesn't get any easier. But it will always make you stronger if you let it.

We are starting to meet with Kim Williams again! I mentioned her probably a few months ago, she just really wasn't making any progress but in these last couple of weeks she is making a ton!! :) :) We had 2 awesome lessons with her this week, and did a special fast with her to help her get some answers to prayers. She really has a thing for sweet iced tea. So we had left her with D&C 89 to read but she couldn't remember what section it was so she read 39 oh my heck, y'all need to go read that with the mindset of someone whose not a member of the church. It was so cool!! She was like I think this is really what I was supposed to read. She'll get there! The day she gets baptized will be amazing!!

We're hopefully going to be able to start meeting with the Shorts again soon I think I mentioned them a few weeks back, they've only been wanting to go to the Powell Valley ward but hopefully we can change that all they need to do is come once and they'll be hooked, seriously this ward is incredible. I really love it here.

Debbie and Sydney are still doing great! They both just love church and the gospel. When I'm having hard days and when people drop commitments I just think about those 2 and how there are people out there and it's my job to find them. When I see how happy they are it makes all the hard days worth it. :)

I can hardly believe that I'm down to my last transfer of my mission... It hardly seems real, it's gone by so fast and yet at the same time I feel like it's the only thing I've known forever. I'm going to make it the best that I can though like I said no getting trunky here!

Well I think those are the highlights of the week. Good things are happening or will be soon! I'm excited for a new transfer and a new companion, it's gonna be good! :)

Love, love, love y'all!!!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. Yes I'm staying warm and healthy! I haven't heard from Em in a few months I really should write her there's just never any time! As far as I know she's doing great! And staying healthy.

p.s.s. They'll be starting the media stuff in our mission probably in February or March I think. It'll be cool, missionary work is definitely evolving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment