Monday, November 4, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-11-04



Subject:  I LOVE being a missionary!

November 4, 2013
Yo yo yo it's letta time!!

Hey y'all!! Great letter from home! I'm sorry to hear Jace still isn't feeling that good... Hopefully some answers will come soon. That was way funny about Lilly of course something like that would happen after a long day. Loved the Halloween pics haha Brooke.. Your shirt! I love it.

This week has been pretty good! Our investigators are still lacking and moving slow but we are moving forward! Yesterday we were talking while driving to an appt just about how awesome it is to serve!! Geez! This past few weeks have been hard, really hard. BUT Heavenly Father has blessed me a lot still, we're having success with LA's and have picked up a couple of new investigators! When you keep working hard and moving forward the Lord WILL bless you! And He will never give you more than you can handle. We never gave up during these last couple of weeks and I never will, that doesn't mean I won't have discouraging days or moments but I will always move forward and keep working hard til the end because I CAN do tough things and I CAN be a good leader. :)

Dad I don't remember if I told you but I've totally adopted our rule from home about not using the "C" word haha, I've used that on all my companions and it really does make a difference and so many of them have said I'm going to use that when I raise my kids. So dad you're influencing lifes even out here in Tennessee :) Thanks for instilling that in me, I hated it at times haha but it really has blessed my life a lot. You're the best old dad on the block.

We had two exchanges this week, Powell Valley and Bristol. I went to Powell Valley again with Sister Burr, that exchange was one that made me feel like I was succeeding as a STL. I was able to help her come out of her shell more and help her realize that she is a good teacher and that she can lead out on things. It's an awesome feeling when you know that you're helping someone achieve their full potential. It was her first time hosting an exchange and she was super nervous but she did great! I really do love being a sister training leader. :)

For Halloween we had dinner with some members and then headed over to the Carters to spend the rest of the night with them. Nothing to exciting but it was fun.

Yesterday was such a good day. I think fast and testimony meeting is now my favorite Sunday. Especially out here in the South, literally there were no pauses yesterday, people were just lining up to bear testimony, it was awesome! The Elders had 4 investigators at church! 3 of them are a whole family they're working with, and they whole family came! They have 5 kids and just loved church it was awesome! That's what it's all about family.

Sky Byars is a young woman we've been meeting with a lot, she's been struggling so we try to see her a every week, she has started blooming its awesome! And she brought a friend to church yesterday who really enjoyed it. Hopefully we'll get to start meeting with her soon.

Debbie wasn't at church yesterday so I texted her and asked what was up (she hasn't missed a week since she was baptized!) she really hurt her back on Saturday and was in so much pain she couldn't make it but I really felt like we needed to go see her, so after church we did and she just unloaded on us how rough of a week it's been and how she was really looking forward to coming to church because it always helps lift her spirits. She also really wants her husband Phil to start coming to church with her but as of right now he's not interested at all... (Prayers in their behalf would be much appreciated). I had one of those experiences where I really had no idea what to say and really felt young and inadequate but I hurried and got rid of those thoughts and just let the spirit do its job, I was able to bear simple testimony to her and honestly I don't remember what else was said but by the end we were all crying and the spirit was tangible. Really we can't do anything as missionaries without the spirit and when we have it miracles happen. We brought the Elders by later that night and they gave her a blessing, I'm so grateful for the priesthood and worthy men who hold it so the rest of us can benefit from it.

Sydney came again yesterday and loved it. She told me I love how everyone makes me feel while I'm here and how everyone loves me. :)

Well I think that about wraps up the highlights of the week. Mission life is good, challenging and trying at times but I really don't want it to end. I hate that I'm down to less than 2 months now... I'm doing great though and loving it all. Thanks for all the love and support. Love y'all! xoxo

Sister B

p.s. when we played boccee ball we played outside at a park :)

No comments:

Post a Comment