Monday, December 2, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-12-02



Subject:  Why is it already December??

December 2, 2013
Hey family!

Sounds like things are going good at home!! I'm glad y'all had such a good Thanksgiving!  Mine was pretty good, we went to a couple different members homes, the Smiths and the Carters and had a good time! It was kinda different just being the missionaries and the family, with the Smith's it was just the 4 of us missionaries and Brother and Sister Smith and with the Carters it was the 4 of us and Bishop and Sister Carter and Jason, just small groups but we had a good time.

It was a pretty good week, kinda slow at first it was FREEZING earlier this week and we got our first snow! It wasn't a ton but it really does snow here in Tennessee!

Patty Nisbet is finally back in town! It was so good to get to see here again finally! She'll get there I know she will, right now it's just taking some time because she just really wants to know and believes that God will show her a sign of some kind... It's kinda frustrating because she's been given several answers, she's just having a hard time realizing that. We did a fast with her yesterday to help her get answers to her questions, I'm hoping and praying that she took it seriously and that it will hopefully help with some of her concerns.

The Shorts are doing great!! We taught the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation this week both of which went really well. Sister Huber had an idea to teach the Plan of Salvation using play doh which turned out pretty cool. I forgot my cord I'll send a pic next week. They really are so excited to be baptized on the 21st. Unfortunately they didn't end up coming to church yesterday... :( They overslept which was a huge bummer but they should be there next Sunday for sure. We're really hoping to get Kallie with a date here soon, she listens so intently to the lessons and I'm thinking she really wants it she just doesn't want to admit it just yet.

We saw Kim this week and had a scattered Restoration lesson with her, I feel bad for her she's got a lot on her plate, we're going over tonight with the Elders to give her a blessing which I know will help, she's so close! I know it and I think she knows it, she just needs to take that leap of faith and do it. Just like Patty.

Things are going well here in good old Kingsport! I really love it here a lot. I feel kinda bad for my companion though, because I've been here so long people talk to me a lot and kinda leave her sitting there sometimes, been there done that and it sucks. I wish I knew how to help change that. Any suggestions?

I got a package from grandma and grandpa Kinghorn this week! Please thank them for me, I didn't wait to open it haha yah I know I'm like a 5 year old...

We've got MLC tomorrow down in Knoxville, another 6 hour meeting ugh... One of the downers to being in leadership. Sometimes I feel like we just over complicate things in those meetings and take some simple thing and turn it into a huge meeting. I know they're necessary sometimes but I feel like a lot less time would be wasted if we didn't have meetings.

The thought for this week comes from Elder Ballard's conference talk from this last session, I think it's on page 44 it talks about sharing the gospel with one person before Christmas is here... The whole talk is really good but I'd like to challenge y'all to do that.

Thanks for all the love and prayers. I love y'all!! xoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment