Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-02-20



February 20, 2013

Hellooooo family!!

Sorry this is later in the week, the computers have been down at our library and we've been crazy busy packing and moving. Yep we moved. Only like a mile down the road haha and it's really not that much bigger but it's definitely a change of scenery which is nice. It's like a little studio apartment in a U shape and we live right above the Cookie Lady! So we get to wake up the smell of freshly baked cookies every morning :) We'll hopefully be able to sleep there tonight, we went shopping last night with one of the office missionaries and had 4 carts just full of stuff! Man the church forks out a lot of money for missionaries... It'll look really nice though by the time we get everything all arranged. It's just a huge chaotic mess right now.

It sounds like ya'll had lots of fun this weekend! I thought about you a lot on Monday and was slightly jealous that ya'll were out snowmobiling and having fun. Here it was in the 60's which was nice, I could definitely get used to Tennessee winters :)

I can't believe Nate is talking marriage!!!!!! Ahhhhhh everyone is having all these huge life changing things happen. I knew that name sounded familiar for some reason. That's so awesome though! Tell him to write me! Brielle wrote me and said that her and Matt are moving to Kansas this summer... :( Which is so awesome for them but man I'm going to miss her!! Brielle you're supposed to be there when I get home still in Rexburg and help me adjust to normal life!! Well I guess I'll just have to plan a trip to Kansas soon :)

And Sydney is engaged?!?!? Oh my gosh!! Honestly I'm not to surprised she is such a cute fun girl I knew she'd get picked up pretty fast, that's so exciting! Give her a big hug for me!! :) And Laura!!! Wow good for her! That's so exciting, can you send me her address and stuff I'd love to keep in touch with her.

Things are definitely going here! Training really isn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. Sister Colwell is pretty great and is so eager to learn and do better which in turn pushes me to do better. All the time she's like we really should go talk to that person but I don't know what to say so that pushes me to go show her how it's done instead of just walking by. I'm becoming a much more confident teacher and more sure of myself when talking with others because I know that I have to be to set that example for her.

Sister Colwell (Valerie) is from Billings, MT and she's 20. And yes we're back to that schedule of personal study, companion study, then training.

Yes I got the Valentines package from you and grandma and grandpa, thank you!!!! I loved all the heart messages haha! Ya'll are the best!! :) I also got grandma Bedke's letter, thank you!! 

Yes I'm staying healthy :) 

 Glad to hear Court is doing better slowly but surely. And that she got her patriarchal blessing that's great!! It'd be even more great if she wrote and told me about it ;) and the others siblings! I haven't heard from any except Amber in months!

Oralia and Reynal are still doing great! Still no wedding date yet but hopefully soon something will come about. Oralia truly is incredible, she had two people there when we met with her last time! Our interpreter said she was basically just bearing her testimony the whole time and she gave them both a Book of Mormon! 

We thought we had had a break through with Tasha this last week because we invited her to a baptism and she actually came! She had to be coaxed along the way but she and her son came! She said afterwards that it was one of the most beautiful things she'd ever seen and her son Jacob, who is 6, has never behaved that well in his whole life! So we thought with all that she'd come to church for sure on Sunday but again it was the same excuse that she didn't feel good so I don't know what we'll end up doing... I think I told ya'll that we found out that she's related to some members in our branch (strong active members!), so we were able to get them together so if we do end up dropping her at least she'll have them she can turn to for questions or when she really decides to get serious about all of it. I honestly think she wants to she's just not willing to yet if that makes sense...

Still no luck with Tara... :( but we are definitely going to keep trying, that experience was to incredible we just gotta get a hold of her!

We had a lesson just a couple hours ago with a lady who came to a Relief Society activity just last week (there were 32 sisters there and over half were non members!! Which I guess has NEVER happened, it was awesome!) anyway but Sister Caughman, one of our branch missionaries, asked her if she would be willing to help us out with Sister Colwell being new and everything since she hasn't had much practice teaching if we could practice on her. She said yes of course and we just had an awesome lesson with her in the Caughman's home. Asking people for help is one of the things suggested in that book I told ya'll about, I really want you to read it. It's called 'The Power of Everyday Member Missionaries' (I think...) by Clayton Christensen. It talks about how deep down everyone has the desire to help people out, and how in prosperous areas (like Signal Mtn.) we as a church need to ask for help then in return we show them what we're all about. But this lady seems really interested and is going to talk with her husband about it, so we're pretty optimistic. Her name is Nancy, so hopefully ya'll will hear more about her soon!

Well I think that's about the highlights of the week... Oh yah! Elder Oaks is coming to speak to our mission on Sunday! He was coming for the Knoxville stake conference and Pres Irion asked if he'd take some time to talk to us, so he's taking like 2 hours just for our mission! Two apostles in about 3 months! The south is where it's at! :)

Thank you for all the love, prayers, and support. It means the world to me! Love and miss ya'll!! xoxoxoxoxoxoXO

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment