Monday, February 25, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-02-25



Yo yo yo it's letta time!!!


Hey ya'll!!!

I'm glad ya'll got the pictures, yah our apartment well I don't even know if you could really qualify it as an apartment was tiny! The dishwasher was used as our cabinet space because there was no cabinets at all, instead of cabinets we had a deer head. The bathroom was just around the corner. No there aren't new sisters moving in I guess the Hamns, the family we lived with, is redoing their house this summer and so the mission started to look for somewhere to live and found a place to rent so they jumped on it. Our new address is 716 Signal Mountain Blvd. Signal Mtn. TN 37377.

Sister Gonzalez didn't leave her camera, she said she'd just mail it but I haven't heard from her yet so I might just end up getting one here soon.

Jace I'm so proud of you buddy! That's a lot of pressure to put on a newly ordained deacon but of course you could handle it cuz you're Jace and you're a stud. Not many people can say they've spoken with an apostle!

The meeting with Elder Oaks yesterday was AWESOME!!! He said I'm going to do something a little different this time around and we're only going to talk about one topic, receiving revelation, and I need your help and input. So it was cool, we would say how we've received different revelation or inspiration and then Elder Oaks would expand on those thoughts. I'm telling you the South is where it's at! And it was cool to have all the mission together again, that doesn't happen very often.

No new news with Nancy yet, except she did send Sister Caughman a very nice thank you letter saying how much she enjoyed the lesson and meeting with us, so no baptismal commitment or anything yet but a positive note is a positive sign!!

The latest with Tara is that she I guess moved out and in with her boyfriend... So we left our number at her old place and hopefully she'll call within the next few days.

Oralia and Reynel's baptism is scheduled for this Saturday, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen... :( Her stupid boyfriend just won't marry her right now because he's been Jehovah's Witnessed (I REALLY don't like the JW's right now arghhhh!!!) But we're hopefully going to be able to meet with him on Friday, please please pray hard for a miracle!! I know she has a choice in this but it's so frustrating that one person can hold up someones eternal happiness. It's just not right...

I had a really neat experience at church yesterday, the day before we had met with Oralia and it just didn't go well, she's getting discouraged because of the boyfriend. Anyway after our lesson I just cried, I was really feeling sorry for myself and feeling like a failure because this always seems to happen with the people that I work with who are getting baptized. I was questioning why I'm even out here because I don't feel like I'm doing any good sometimes, 8 months and no baptisms... But yesterday at church during Sacrament meeting one of the counselors got up and said we're going to have the following people come up and bear their testimonies and he said my name first. Honestly I was shocked but I got up there and I just had this flood of emotions come over me and this overwhelming sense of love and I was able to bear my testimony and declare that without a doubt I know that this church is true and that I am suppossed to be here. Honestly I don't remember all that was said but I will never forget that feeling of love. I thanked the branch president afterwards for giving me that opportunity and he said I felt very strongly impressed that it was something you needed to do. :) I was just reminded of how  very aware my Heavenly Father is of me, he knew that I was struggling and he knew that that was something I needed to do. Something so small yet so powerful! The gospel is so incredible, I just love it!

I gotta run, sorry this isn't all that long or detailed someone came and was talking to me for like the last 30 minutes, but it was really good. He'd been meeting with the sisters and would like to again now :) Being a missionary is awesome!!!

Love love love  ya'll!! xoxoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment