Monday, February 11, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-02-11



Hey family!!

I'm so glad Sister Gonzalez, I guess Michelle now, called you!! She really is the best and I'm so grateful I got to serve with her, I really miss her, it's going to be different... But like you said change is good right? :)

I can't believe she spoiled my huge news of the week haha but yes!! Oralia and Reynal are both scheduled for March 2nd!!! Ahh it was so exciting! Honestly I was a little nervous going in because we hadn't really had time to prepare because we had had a zone training meeting that morning and we had to leave early so we hurried and threw something together but right before going in we prayed and I really felt like we needed to commit her for baptism. So we talked about it and Sister Colwell shared 1 Nephi 3:7 with and explained that Heavenly Father wouldn't command us to do something and then not prepare a way to make it happen, there is always a way. Then we committed both her and Reyanl, they both are really excited! And so are we, I just hope and pray that everything comes together and they can get married soon. They've got everything they need, it’s just getting Reynal Sr on board. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Tasha unfortunately is not progressing anymore... :( She promised that she would come to church yesterday, I even had her set an alarm right in front of me, and we sent some members over and she said she didn't feel like going. Ugh it's so frustrating. We want to do one last ditch effort, but will probably end up dropping her.

Training is going great so far! Sister Colwell is a nice girl, and really wants to be the best missionary she can be which is pushing me to do better, I really have to be exactly obedient. Areas I might have slacked on a bit I can no longer slack in which has been good for me. She is from Billings Montana and went to BYU-I and studied professional preschool education so she knows Brielle! I think she's the one Brielle mentioned to me in a letter a few weeks back haha and now we're companions!

Honestly yah I was pretty nervous but I've been doing A LOT of praying and got a blessing from our branch president yesterday so I'm doing better with it all. It was a really cool experience the blessing, I was reminded of the power of the priesthood. President Iverson blessed me with exactly what I needed to hear. Being bold has always been hard for me but it's something I've really been working on and he blessed me that I would be able to be bold in all my commitments. He also blessed me with health and strength and with the ability to follow the spirit.

We had an awesome first few days!! We got a new investigator within the first hour and a couple other potentials, 2 baptismal commitments, and an amazing experience with a new tracting approach we're doing. It's called leaving the Saviors peace and blessings on families and homes. You start out introducing yourself then you say as representatives of the Savior Jesus Christ he has sent us here to leave the Saviors peace and blessing on your family and home, may we come in? Then you proceed with the blessing. We weren't having any success with the first few homes and then the last home (of course) we found a golden girl! When we talked with her afterward we asked her how she was feeling and she said really warm and good, we explained how that was the spirit. She asked us where our church was and when and said that she'd be there. As we were leaving she said I'm so glad ya'll came, I really needed that, can I please give you a hug? :) Man oh man it was so cool!! The spirit was so incredibly strong. The downer was she didn't end up coming to church... :( But we're going by tonight to see what's up. Something had to have happened, that experience was just to incredible. When I first saw her I was able to see her in white! I've really been praying to see people that way and see them how God sees them and I was able to experience that with her! Her name is Tara, hopefully you'll be hearing more about her in the near future.

I haven't been able to get ahold of Troy Smith yet but I do have his info now! So I just need to give him a call, I'm just not quite sure what to say. The Elders said he's not active and didn't know much about him.

I'm sorry to hear Court still isn't feeling good... Dang. Hopefully the vudu doctor can cure her haha that guy was really weird I loved what he did but he was an interesting fella.

I'm so proud of you Brooker for doing all this family history work that’s awesome!! You'll have to show me the ropes when I get back.

Glad to hear our ward didn't change to much, that really sucks to have lost the Hansens and Weeks though...

That's so exciting all these babies!! And Nate!! Tell him to write me! I wanna hear about this girl.

Well I think that about wraps up this week... Thanks for all the continued love, prayers, and support it really means a lot and keeps me going. I love and miss ya'll!! xoxoxo

Love,
Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment