Monday, November 19, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-11-19

Hey family!!
 
So I guess I'll start out with the big news... I'm now serving in Signal Mountain, TN! Which is still in the Chattanooga zone and stake, its about 40ish minutes north of Chatsworth. Oh my heck it is so beautiful up here! Seriously the homes and and the trees everything is gorgeous! Well I guess it's kinda ugly right now because all the trees are dying but I can see the potential haha, we're right above the Tennessee river. It's soooo different from Chatsworth, it's more suburb and and Murray county is very country. I miss Chatsworth though... I keep refering to it as my area but slowly I'm starting to feel like this where I need to be. My companion is Sister Gonzalez from South Jordan and she is awesome!! We get along great and are a lot alike it's been fun.
 
I'm in a branch up here, so it's small but so strong! I guess this branch has the most worthy and strong priesthood holders in the stake. They also are so nice and welcoming, it's going to be a good next few months. :)
 
Yes President and Sister Irion made it back for transfers! It was a miracle. He was supposed to be out for 6 weeks but he was able to make it back in 2! It was because of all the prayers and fasting they said, it is so good to have them back! President was really emotional while we were all in there together, he missed Tennessee a lot.
 
Yes! I was able to fit everything in my suitcases barely haha! Not nearly as nicely as mom and grandma did but it all made it! I do want to send home a box that has a few things I'm not using so you might get one soon. And yes church insurance covered everything.
 
I haven't heard from Emily for a few weeks, I'm writing her today but I think she's doing good. I don't know if her area was affected by the hurricane or not. And yah I hear from Brielle every couple of weeks usually. :)

So I still am kinda in a daze as to whats going on up here on the mountain but I can fill you in a a couple of people we're working with. The main one we're working with is Oralia and Reynal, they are hispanic and speak NO ENGLISH Sister Gonzalez is fluent in Spanish though so she'll do all the talking and then translate and I'll throw in my two cents. But I hate not knowing whats being said I wish I could speak Spanish so bad! Sister Gonzalez is going to teach me a little bit so maybe I can learn a lil somethin somethin.

We're also working with a few more people who I haven't met yet because of the holidays or they haven't been home when we've gone over. So hopefully I'll have more of an update for ya'll next week.
 
As of right now we have 3 dinner appts for Thanksgiving... pretty sure I'll be waddling by the time the day is over but it'll be fun. They're making it a regular day which stinks so we're trying to fill it with as much as we can so we don't have to tract. It'll be weird not being home... don't have to much fun without me k?
 
Court don't over do it! If you're hurting be smart! Take it easy. I hope ya'll have a good season. You still need to write me woman!
 
Jace I don't owe you 3 letters! I think I maybe owe you 1. I'm sorry I'll get it to you soon hopefully.
 
Sorry this is short I just don't have a lot of time or to many updates right now. I love and miss you all so much!! Thank you for all the love and prayers.
 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
 
Love,
 
Sister Bedke
 
p.s. If ya'll wanna send me some of grandma's rolls I would love you forever! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment