Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-11-13



Hellooooo family!!!

Wow, wow, wow where to even begin? I guess first off thank you so much for all the prayers in my behalf, I am sitting here crying in the library because I just got word that those prayers have worked! The doctor just called me and said that everything is okay! He said it looks a little inflamed so just to keep icing it and don't over do it and I'll be just fine!! For awhile there I really thought I'd have to come home, but I had a good long talk with Heavenly Father and I told him that I would accept whatever happens and I would be at peace with it. I feel like this was a small trial that I had to overcome that really has brought me closer to my Savior. I went and got an MRI done yesterday, which was an experience! Man those things are loud! But prayers do work!!! The Lord is watching over me and I feel so incredibly blessed right now. Thank you for the reminders from my blessing, I truly have felt several of those words come to pass. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!! :) :) :)

Yes you read the subject of the e-mail right, I'm being transferred... :( They are making Chatsworth into an Elders area now. Talk about a huge shock! I am super bummed honestly, I'm going to miss this area a lot especially the ward, I've met so many incredible people! But I know that I was sent to this area for reason and you know I think it was more for me than anything else. This wonderful ward has made me feel so welcomed and loved since day one. They truly have changed my life, I've learned so much and have a much deeper love of the gospel and a much stronger testimony of going to church each week. It really is so important, the privilege we have of partaking of the sacrament each week is amazing that we can start fresh each week. I used to take it for granted... never ever again! I bore my testimony on Sunday in Relief Society (and of course cried) but I thanked the sisters for being so kind to me and making me feel loved. Several ladies came and hugged me afterwards, told me they loved me and thanked me for serving in the ward.

These last couple of days we have been going around visiting a lot of people saying good bye. It’s been really good, I really would like to come back here and visit before going home.

It's kinda silly but I feel like I'm leaving my child haha. Sister Walker and I have been leaving very detailed notes about different people like you would for a babysitter. We had an awesome lesson with Austin and Laura Payne on Sunday. The Spirit was so strong and Laura prayed at the end of the lesson! She was super nervous at first but then we shared with her the scripture that says the devil teacheth not a man to pray and it's like she got this determined look in her eye and prayed out loud for the first time ever! It was awesome!

We went and said good bye to Christy also and she said that she'd still be interested in the Elders coming over, she'd just like to take it slow. It's just frustrating cuz she was so excited about the gospel just a couple of months ago... So I don't know maybe the new Elders will be able to reach her and Jimmy both. I really think they'll both get baptized eventually but it might be a few years down the road...

In answer to some of your questions... We met Phyllis out tracting. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get back in touch with her she works nights and sleeps all day but we left a note for the Elders. :) Some ladies from the ward threw Keyaundra her shower, they got her lots of stuff needed on the list. She is so ready to go its fun to hear her talk about it, she will seriously be an incredible missionary!

CONGRATS COURT!!!! Of course I knew you would make it but that's awesome! Will you start JV? How's the team looking this year?

And CONGRATS BROOKIE!!! That's awesome! Do you not get to play? Do you just scrimmage?

So transfers are tomorrow! I'm super excited! I really have come to love Sister Walker but I'm ready to love her from a distance. This will be my first official transfer, they're making a lot of changes so I could go anywhere! I'm ready for a change. The Youells from the ward will be taking us down, it's like a two hour drive ugh but I'm super excited!!

Well I better wrap it up. Sorry this is late getting to ya'll we've been busy all day! We had two lunch appts and a dinner appt tonight, yah pretty sure I'm going to explode. But it's been so fun. Oh one more thing! Dad, I think I've told ya'll about Bud Thomason from the ward but he had a picture of you and him and Elder Paxman! He gave me a copy so I'll send it soon. I got one with him to so you can see what he looks like now.

I love you all so much! Thank you again for all the prayers. I have the best family, friends, and ward in the entire world!!! xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke

p.s. Jace I knew you were my favorite brother! :) That last comment totally made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment