Monday, November 26, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-11-26

Hey family!!

I was thinking about that last night that Christmas is just a month away! Crazy!! But also that I get to talk to ya'll!!! Ahhh I'm so excited!! :) :)

Yah Signal Mountain is beautiful!! Man I really hope ya'll can come here someday I know you'll just love it! Honestly I don't know what people here do for work, I'd assume that yah they go to Chattanooga, Signal Mountain itself is mainly just homes.

My address now is 101 South Dr. Signal Mountain, TN 37377. And yes it's that tiny one room apartment... It kinda sucks. But I guess it's free which is really nice its just so small and cold! The floor is made out of marble which makes working out in the morning hard. But the family we live with is nice, I don't really know them all that well they kinda keep to themselves, except the two boys, William and James (9 and 7 years old) they are a lot of fun. They'll come down sometimes and we'll play. James looks a lot like Jace! Man it threw me off the first time I saw him.

So my companion is awesome! We seriously get along so great and have so much fun! But we also work really well together and work hard. We both feel this area has incredible potential and feel like big things will happen soon if we just do the absolute best we can. Our branch president, President Iverson, is great too. He works with us a lot and gives us ideas on what to do to help the branch. The branch is pretty good, not as friendly as the Dalton ward which kinda stinks but I think with time that'll get better. It's small and there are several less actives but the members that do come are strong.

Sister Gonzalez and I taught primary yesterday, the 5 year old's, we weren't nearly as prepared as we should have been but we winged it the best we could and they had fun so I think overall it was a success.

No her call isn't Spanish speaking she just grew up speaking Spanish. Her parents are from Mexico, it's been really cool hearing her teach these people who wouldn't really have the chance to hear the gospel right now without her. It's just frustrating for me cuz I hate not knowing whats going on, she translates for me but still I don't like it. She's teaching me some Spanish and I'm kinda getting it, slowly but surely, it's hard though!! 

I think I got pictures of my whole apt in Chatsworth, I'll send them to ya'll soon. And yes I gave Sister Walker that skirt, it just looked kinda little girly on me but it looked really cute on her so I gave it to her as a parting gift.

So we had kinda a scary experience on Monday... Just after we had gotten done e-mailing we were headed over to meet the rest of our district. We came to what we thought was a 4 way stop, so we stopped then went to turn left and then got t-boned on the back drivers side door. The lady was going about 30 when she hit us so it skidded our car a bit, but not into on coming traffic thank goodness. We are all okay, and I was totally calm and collected, Sister Gonzalez later thanked me for not freaking out because she would have but because I stayed calm she stayed calm and we handled everything okay (tender mercy!). The other ladies car wasn't damaged to much just some small scrapes on the front bumper and she was very nice about it but our car didn't come out so well... There is a huge dent on the door and the back bumper is all scraped up. But I know Heavenly Father was totally watching out for us that day, it could have been a lot worse but wasn't. I think that's the first wreck I've ever been in and I'll be just fine with it being the last!

Thanksgiving was fun! I missed all of you a lot but we stayed pretty busy the whole day so I didn't have much time to think about it which was nice. We went over and sang at the nursing home in the morning which was fun, I really love doing that. Then we headed over to they aren't really investigators just a couple who absolutely love us missionaries for our first dinner and oh my lanta it was soooooo good!! Wow! It was way fun, this couple is older, Kenny and Ruth, and their 2 kids and a neighbor kid were all there we fit right in and felt like part of the family. That was a huge blessing for me, Heavenly Father knew the holidays would be hard for me so he sent me to someone who would take me in and treat me like family. :) Then we headed over to a members home, the Challens, and had a second dinner with them which was just as good but I felt like I was going to explode afterwards!

Sorry!! This is a quick ending but I'm running really short on time so I gotta wrap it up, I'll tell ya'll more about our investigators next week. I love and miss you all!! xoxoxo

Love,
Sister Bedke :)

p.s. I do want to be a part of the Christmas gift exchange so who do I have this year?? I was thinking also I'd like a pair of good slippers for Christmas :) The ones that have a hard sole and look like a shoe not just a slip on. Also I don't want to ruin the surprise or anything but are you getting me a new bag? I just need to know cuz if not I'll go get one my poor bag is really falling apart! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment