Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-08-27


Hola mi familia!!

Thanks for the letters and pictures!  That's a really good picture of grandma and her kids.  It sounds like the wedding was a huge success!!  That's so exciting, I'm so happy for Val! :) No I hadn't heard about the whole Mormon interview thing...  Ugh that's so frustrating, you know they seek out those people who will bash on the church or who have left for some stupid reason.  Thanks for the heads up though so we'll know what people are talking about if they bring it up.  We do have a gps right now but it's Sister Walker's and when she leaves I'll need one to get around, thanks for keeping your eyes peeled!

This week has been good!  We found not 1, not 2, but 3 new investigators!!  Heck ya!!  It was exciting!  Aaannnddd all of them were there for our set appts, which NEVER happens.  That was awesome.  And we found them all tracting, so I guess there is some good that comes from it haha.  Their names are Dennis, David, and Evon Turner (maybe her family too).  I'll keep y’all updated with what happens there, hopefully something good!

Christy is right on track for her baptism this Saturday!!  She really is so excited, and loves church!  Hopefully everything will actually work out this time around.  We were also finally able to get a hold of Josh yesterday!  He has finally found work and has been busy with that, but he is still reading from the Book of Mormon daily which was so good to hear.  And he also would still like to get baptized, so we'll probably shoot for next Saturday.

We had a bit of an adventure a couple of nights ago, it had been a long day of tracting and finally we were heading back to the car.  We get there and Sister Walker starts looking in the back windows, at first I was like whatever maybe she's paranoid but she kept looking so I asked what she was doing and she's said looking for the keys...  Are you kidding me?  She locked the keys in the car!  Talk about a scary feeling, out in the middle of nowhere, it's dark, and our gps is locked in the car to so we're not sure which way is home.  So we're trying to call some people but no one could come help us then.  Luckily we had met a great couple a little earlier that night so I suggested we head back over there so we could at least use their phone book to call a lock smith, so we head over and they were so nice!  They offered to let us spend the night or to give us a ride home, so they drove us home and made sure we got it safe.  Tender mercy from the Lord right there, what could have been an awful night was totally turned around because of that nice couple.  The Lord definitely watches out for us missionaries.

So funny story yesterday at church.  The bishop had asked a recent convert to say the closing prayer in sacrament meeting and we were standing right there when he asked.  The first thing he said is well I haven't prepared anything, the bishop told him not to worry, just to make sure he closed in the name of Jesus Christ and he would do just fine.  So it comes time for the closing prayer and he gets up there and grasps both sides of the pulpit and starts preaching to the ward hahaha!  Loudly.  He's like "I have 6 things I'd like to say, first the Lord is great!  and loves everyone!" The bishop stopped him before he got to into his sermon and was like "Just a prayer" and he's like oh!  so he says a very interesting prayer and closed in the name of the Father.  Hahaha it took all I had not to bust up laughing.  The prayer of a baptist convert... haha oh man.

My poor feet took a beating this week, I guess I have really tender feet, they are a mess.  So many blisters!  Which has made walking very painful.  The band aids and tape I put on just fall off because my feet get all sweaty...  Any suggestions on what to do?

Sorry this letter isn't very long not a whole lot to report and I spent most of my time reading all your letters...  Keep them coming!  Good luck with school everyone!  I love and miss you all.  xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke

p.s.  I finished my first journal already!  Can you believe it??  I Ashley Anne Bedke actually finished a journal!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment