Monday, August 6, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-08-06


Monday, August 06, 2012  9:26am

Hello to the best family in the entire world!!

I was so excited to show people in the ward those pictures!  Bro. Thomason, Bro. Denman, and the Beasley's all said they remember Dad and Sister Turner from the picture is still in the ward here!  She wasn't at church yesterday, but I'm excited to show her them next week.  Sister Cox was so excited about the pictures especially of the old church, she said she's been trying to find a copy of that picture for years, but no one's had one.  We're planning on getting together with her next Monday and she's going to show me the binder she's putting together.  I'm excited to read those mission journals when I come home Dad.

Thanks for all the suggestions Dad, I really appreciate it and I'm excited to do a few of them.  I hope things keep going well with work and bishopric stuff, know that I love you so much and I'm so grateful for all you do for me and the family.

This week has been kinda rough...  Almost all of our teaching appts fell through and we tracted a whole lot of hours and only got 1 or 2 return appts.  It's just frustrating that we're trying so hard and not having hardly any success.  Also, Joshua's baptism didn't end up happening because we could never get ahold of him (he has a very limited amount of min on his phone) and was never home when we went over...  Hopefully this weekend it will happen.  Christy can't get baptized this weekend though because she hasn't been coming to church and they have to have gone at least 2 times before they can be baptized.  Darn agency... haha.  I wish sometimes that God would temporarily take it away so that we could teach more people.

Times are really tough here, in Murray and Whitfield county the unemployment rate is over 70% right now.  Can you believe that?  But so many people here are just lazy and have no desire to find work so companies don't want to bring their businesses here because no one really knows how to work effectively and if they pay them by the hour people will drag it out so nothing ever gets done.  It's sad, people down here have to have the desire to change or this part of the US is going to be in a world of hurt.  It's just frustrating...

Sorry for the little venting session, but really it's only through e-mail and journal writing that I can get it out.  Sister Walker is so hard to talk to.  She is not a people person at all.  She told me flat out that she doesn't really trust me and that she wants to live alone when she leaves the mission.  I'm trying hard to love her, but she just doesn't know how to socialize so it makes things awkward.  The other night though she did tell me that I'm a really good listener so I guess she's opened up to me more than she has any of her other companions.  I'm just kinda ready for a change but that won't happen for another 8 weeks so until then just pray for me that I'll be patient with her and understanding.

Man re-reading through this it's kind of a depressing e-mail sorry, but like I said it's been a rough week.  Because this week has sucked though I decided to start listing at the end of each journal entry a tender mercy that I've seen that day and you know I think it’s helping.  And it can't be the same thing I have to think of something different each night, some nights are harder than others but it's been good.

On a bright note we should have a fun pday today we're having a nerf gun war and playing steal the flag haha honestly I'm just glad to be getting out of the apt last week we were stuck there ALL DAY because the car was in the shop at least I got caught up on some letter writing.  And Brooker, I'm so sorry babe that I haven't written you back yet!!  Fail on my part.

I'm excited to hear about the reunion!  Who all is going to be there?  I want details of the whole thing, have fun and tell everyone I love and miss them!

That's so exciting about Suzanne and her baby!!!!!  Ahh I'm so happy for them!

And thank you for the cd's!  All Sister Walker had was classical music and I honestly thought my brain was going to melt if I had to listen to them one more time.

I wish there was more to tell from this week but unfortunately not much has happened.  Oh actually there is one thing.  We are having our zone conference on Aug 16 and I get a text from the zone leaders asking me if I would sing at it... a solo!  I told them I'd sing with a group but I'm not ready for a solo I kept thinking of Dad's experience when they had to sing the star spangled banner and the girl pitched it way high haha, I can totally see myself doing that.  So they put me in charge of putting together a group to sing, we're singing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" and there will be me and Sister Preston singing alto, 2 other girls singing soprano, and then a tenor and a bass, so hopefully it'll be good.  We won't really have a chance to practice it before then haha.

Well I guess I better sign off.  Thank you for the letters and words of encouragement they mean a lot.  I love and miss you all!  xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke


p.s.  I wanted to give you a challenge that you can either start now or at the beginning of the year.  But go and get everyone a brand new copy of the Book of Mormon (just the paperback one.  Go to seagull (and tell everyone hi while you're there!)  Anyway, but with that new copy in four different colors mark:

          1.      Each reference to Jesus Christ (any of His names or pronouns referring to Him)
          2.      His words (spoken by Him or by prophets when they say, "Thus saith the Lord")
          3.      His attributes.
          4.      The doctrines and principles contained in the Book of Mormon.

I'm doing it right now and I think you'll be amazed!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment