Monday, August 20, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-08-20


Helloooooo family!!!

Thank you for the letter! Haha I love how it always says it in the top that it gets sent at either 1 or 2 in the morning, mom you're the greatest! It sounds like you're having a fun weekend! I'm so happy for Val! Take some pictures for me por favor. And tell the whole family hey for me! As for the package you're putting together, I could use a couple more pairs of those sockie things from pay less I can't find them in Walmart here, a few more cd's would be awesome! Like Jericho Road, Josh Groban, instrumental, we can listen to anything uplifting. Also this doesn't have to be for awhile but I just found out that missionary's should have their own gps if possible, I assumed it was something the mission provided with the car but it's not so if you wanted to keep an eye out for one on KSL or something that would be great. I can't really think of anything else I really need maybe some copies of dad's missionary journal entries from when he was in Dalton, that would be cool! And pictures are always great!!

This week has been pretty great! We had our zone conference on Thursday which was fun and so good! I LOVE President and Sister Irion, they are amazing! Especially Sister Irion, she gives the most incredible hugs, kinda like a mom or dad hug, of course nothing can top those, but she makes me feel so loved! :) The focus of the conference was on the BOM and using it when we teach, how important it is to be studying from it and teaching from it daily. Our musical number went really well, I love that song I know that my Redeemer lives, so much! And like it said in my blessing I really have found comfort in that hymn. I'm still trying how to figure out how to send pictures... I don't know if I have all the right cables, at this library they don't have a memory card reader. Hopefully I'll figure something out soon I guess if not I'll print some off and just send them to y'all. Then on Friday we did exchanges with the sisters from Signal Mountain, TN. That was fun! I got to go up there and work with Sister Mickelson. She's such a sweetheart! And so easy to talk to!! It was such a nice change of pace actually being able to laugh and joke with someone! The work up there is very slow though, I guess they just recently opened the area back up back in March I think, but things just aren't really happening up there it's sad and gets really discouraging for the sisters serving there. They live with members in this SMALL one room, everything they have and do is in that tiny room, oh my lands I would go crazy!! It's a gorgeous area though! I loved how different all the homes were, I'm definately going to have a southern style porch in my dream home! Rocking chairs and all. While there Sister Mickelson took me to a place called signal point, which is a gorgeous view of the TN river and you can see downtown Chattanooga in the distance, everything here is sooooo green!! Exchanges are great and I look forward to more in the future!

Speaking of exchanges can you believe I've already had my first 6 weeks! 2 months ago today I left home... Crazy! In some ways it's like 2 months! Already!? And in others its like only 2 months down... haha. Our whole district is staying the same for this transfer, I don't know if I've told you about them... whoops. We have Elder Howell, he's from Utah and he is training Elder Ready who is from California. Elder Howell heads home in December. They are over the Dalton East area. Then Elder Neubert is our district leader, he's from Utah (Kaysville actually and he went to Davis), he heads home in December too, and his companion is Elder Robinson who is also from Utah, it's kinda funny he looks exactly like the kid off of 'Meet the Robinsons' I think he's been out about 8 months. It's a fun group for the most part, and we have fun.

Josh's baptism didn't end up happening... He is almost never home when we go over and rarely returns our phone calls so I don't know exactly what's going on there, we need to just sit him down and ask what's up. He was able to find a job though! Downer is it's in Dalton and he lives in Chatsworth and has no transportation... So I'm not sure how that's going to work exactly but he's deteremined to make it work even if he has to walk (which is about a 4 hour walk). Please keep him in your prayers so we can know how best to help him. Christy wasn't able to come to church yesterday because she got dehydrated and had to be taken to the hospital. But she told us she loved church and she is really working on getting her family to come. Keep them in your prayers also. We found a couple of new investigators this week! Hopefully they'll actually be home when they say they will and it'll go somewhere.

Yesterday we had dinner with Bishop Griggs and his family, they are great and we had fun with them and their 4 boys. We're starting something new this week, each Sunday we're going to give a Book of Mormon to a sister in Relief Society and ask her to write her testimony in it then give it away to someone. We started with Bishop and his family and he thinks it's a great idea, we're really trying to get the members more involved. Members are key!! If Amb is really serious about a mission encourage her to go on splits with the missionaries, I really wish I would have and it's a great oppurtunity for the members to see how sharing the gospel doesn't have to be a scary thing and she'll learn a lot! After dinner with them we headed over to the McKenney's home to watch President Monson's birthday celebration. What an amazing man he is! And the music was incredible!

I guess those are the highlights of the week. Slowly but surely I'm seeing Sister Walker through different eyes, I've been trying to compliment her on different things and try and boost her self confidence. She really is a great missionary I just wish she'd loosen up and learn to have a little fun every once in awhile. We're limited on our miles this month so I think we're going to just hang out here for the day. We do have dinner tonight with the Blacks and the other Elders which will be fun, the Blacks are an amazing couple! They also have a son on a mission, and it was fun when we were there last they had just gotten a letter from their son and they got so excited! Sister Black was like I can guarentee this is how your families are every Monday too haha and that made me feel good. I left my ear phones at the apt dang it so I can't watch your video message until next week, but I'm so excited for it! I hope you all have a great week! Good luck with school Courtney, Brooke, Jace, and Madi! And Amb have fun with Addie! I'm so jealous of you two, you're going to have soooooo much fun! I love and miss you all!

Love,

Sista Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment