Monday, July 29, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-07-29



July 29, 2013
Hey family!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MP3!!!! I love you so much and hope you have a great year!! :) :) :)

So good to hear from y'all it sounds like things are going great at home! When does school start back?  School here starts next week! It's so crazy that summer is practically over... These last few months of my mission are flying by and I don't really like it that much.

The little boys in the picture are Adam and Michael Daniels from the ward, SO DANG CUTE!!! I honestly think one of the hardest parts about being a missionary is the fact that we can't hold babies or little kids.

I've heard of Elder Dye, never met him though. That's so crazy that they already know who their replacements for the Center are! When is their mission over? I'm still not sure if I'll go home before or after Christmas...

No we didn't really do anything to celebrate Pioneer day which was weird... The Relief Society president here in the ward though Nancy Allen and her family were in Oakley for the celebration and she said her brother pointed out some family who was singing. She didn't get the chance to talk to them though... I think her brother’s name is Powers and his family is in Grandma's ward.

For Pioneer day I was SICK! Holy smokes it was not good. I hadn't been feeling good Tuesday night and we went and did service again Wednesday morning and I felt ok until we sat down for lunch and I guess I went sheet white, I didn't pass out thank goodness but it was a rough couple of days. Nauseous, achy, and exhausted... Sister Carter, the Bishops wife, took good care of me though Wednesday which was nice it felt like I was at home instead of being sick in my apartment. So many amazing people out here I love it! I'm feeling good now though! The Priesthood is definitely a real thing.

Our first exchange of the transfer went pretty well. I was with a sister though who is known throughout the mission for laziness and really just not that great of a person. Sad to say that most everything that was said is true... I went into it with an open mind but it was kind of a rough 24 hours. I literally did all the teaching in our different appointments she kinda just sat there. She's got a lot of physical and emotional problems that she just doesn't handle very well. But for some reason our investigator Kim Williams is literally OBSESSED with her! It's almost creepy how much she worships her and the ground she walks on haha! It's because they're both as Kim would put it, "voluptuous" girls. The lesson with Kim went really well though and she's got a target date of baptism for October 31st. She said it was around that time last year that all this started with her husband Bobby who got baptized in March. So hopefully it'll all work out and hopefully she'll get her answer before then.

Sydney's dad is continuing to give her grief about the church and poor Sydney is way confused... We're literally doing all we can to help her out but it's getting to the point where she really needs to know for herself because we can't be there all the time. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

Gloria has a tentative baptism date for August 8th! She's got a few things she needs to overcome like smoking but I'm positive she'll get there, it might just take some time.

Pam is still about the same... She says all this great stuff but really isn't putting it into action and actions definitely speak louder than words. Her son Devonte seems pretty interested in learning though so maybe she'll have more of a desire as he joins in more.

We picked up 3 new investigators this week! One is from a less active/part member family David (Junior) Ennis, he seems really promising, we're meeting with him tonight. Shawn Frost another LA/PM family, he's going to be a challenge but a good one I think! And Jan Kimbler, she is a cousin of a member in our ward, she also seems really promising.

Things are definitely moving forward here in Kingsport! I really love it here! Sister Burningham and I are SO BUSY all time, it's awesome!!

We have mission leadership council again tomorrow and we have to do a short training on correcting disobedience with love... We'll see how that goes.

I think that about wraps up this week. Thanks for all the love and prayers. I love love love y'all!! xoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. Yes I got Brooke's letter sorry one should be coming shortly!
p.s.s. I haven't mentioned it because it really hasn't been that bad! Northern Tennessee is sooooo much cooler than Southern man do you remember this time last year??! I literally thought I was going to sweat to death it was SO HOT!! There's been a few hot days but also a lot of rain I guess this has been a pretty unusual summer. I'm not complaining though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment