Monday, July 8, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-07-08



July 8, 2013
Helloooooo family!!!

Sounds like a great week! I loved the pictures from Nate's wedding! I'm so happy for him! Thanks for telling me about what Phebe said :) that makes me so happy! Yes I did get my VISA card thanks a million! And Sister Carter wanted to send that to you. :)

So the big news of the week..... SYDNEY GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It really happened! I seriously was so nervous that it would fall through like so many that have (oh ye of little faith yah yah I know...) haha but she really did it! Seriously it was so great! She was so incredibly prepared it was crazy to think that just 16 days after meeting her she'd be baptized! I think I told you about what she said but after going to a baptism a couple of weeks ago we're driving back and she turns to me and says, "You know, I think that's something I'd like to do!" So right then and there we set the date and she hasn't looked back since! And her dad came to the baptism which was huge! The sad part was that we found out later he really only came to support her but also to find fault with our church. He took her home afterwards and was totally bashing us the rest of the night. Sydney was understandably heart broken and confused but we went over last night and talked with her about everything and said just focus on how you've felt, the Holy Ghost can and will never lie to you. Trust in that and pray to know. She felt much better after we left I just hope and pray she stays strong! The ward is doing an absolute incredible job of taking her under their wing though. I LOVE THIS WARD!! :) :)

Yesterday at church we had 4 people come!! It was so great! Our investigator Gloria came and that was the first time in over 30 years that she'd been to a church period. Hopefully she'll have a baptism date soon. She's such an amazing lady. I just want this so much for everyone that I come in contact with! Man serving a mission really is the best thing ever!! Amb I'm so excited for you!! Beth, Kim Williams, and Sister Patty Nisbet came too!

It's been another crazy busy week! But so good, I love being busy all the time! Mission Leadership Council went great, long (4 1/2 hours to be specific with a 2 hour drive there and back...) but great. One of the sister training leaders (STL) had a nervous break down I guess though and had to go home.... way sad. But it was fun to see every body and feel the excitement going around the mission!

There are no STL's in the new Asheville zone yet so I don't know if they'll switch things up with the 8 of us or if they'll call 2 new ones... I really hope Sister Burningham and I don't get switched out, I'm kinda tired of switching companions every 6 weeks. Also we work so well together and are having a lot of success. But whatever happens happens I guess. Sister Burningham is a STL too so we're doing the same thing. Asheville is in North Carolina and is now like a 1/3 of our mission, it's huge! Very country! I would LOVE to serve there! Other than that though our boundaries didn't change.

We've gotten back into regular contact with Pam Mitchell and the other day we were over there and she told us that she had a dream about her and her son Devonte getting baptized, and there was an angel just smiling at them so proud. She teared up a bit and said I'm going to get there I just gotta take care of a few things first! It was really cool.

Things are definitely happening here in Kingsport it's exciting!!!

Thanks for everything family and friends! I love love love and miss you! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. That's way cool about Brooke's poem! I feel like I remember helping you write that... Me and Amb both we were on the couch downstairs watching the Office and in between commercials we'd help you out haha maybe that was another thing anyway that's way cool babe!! I'm so proud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment