Monday, July 15, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-07-15



July 15, 2013
Hey family!!

So good to hear from you!! That was really sweet what that lady said about Amber, and it's so true. She is going to destroy it out here, I'm way excited for her!!

Before I forget have you gone over and tried to see... dang it I can't remember his name but the guy that lives right behind us almost that is the brother of one of the guys from the Athens ward?

Yah I saw Cami Hargis' picture on our monthly news letter! I thought that was pretty cool, it'd be fun to get to see her.

I love that you keep in touch with some of the ladies out here! I think there are 6 missionaries from this ward, which is out of this world out here! I think that's why this ward is so on fire with missionary work.

Exciting news of the week!! I'M NOT BEING TRANSFERRED!!! Hallelujah! This is seriously the first time in I think 6 months that I haven't either been transferred or gotten a new companion. Sister Burningham and I were pretty excited! :) Our district isn't changing very much, we're getting a new district leader and the Rogersville sisters are co-training and getting a third companion.

And I found out that Sister Colwell, Sister Liebing, and Sister Clove are all training! If that doesn't make a trainer mama proud I don't know what does! :)

We had a pretty good week! We had zone conference on Tuesday and Sister Burningham and I did a training which was fun! Us, the zone leaders, and Elder Babbitt (the one from Oakley) did kind of a combined training on church, pray, read. We trained on prayer, we used the acronym PRAY and did P- perseverance R-revelation A-act Y-you. It turned out pretty well I think.

We saw Sydney a lot this week, she is just glowing with Spirit. It was awesome the other day she said, I'm a Mormon!! It was so great to hear! I know I say this each week but I love being a missionary!! Man being able to have the privilege of serving my brothers and sisters and help them be as happy as I am and letting them know how much the Savior loves them. Best. Thing. Ever. :) :)

Pam Mitchell is doing alright... She had a bad fall the last week which has put her in the hospital 3 times now, she hurts so bad she just sweats. But we've had a couple of awesome lessons with her, she wants this, she just needs to get on her feet a little more. I have no doubt in my mind though that she'll get there!

We didn't get the chance to see Gloria or Patty Nisbet last week because they were both out of town, summer is a rough time sometimes. We found Gloria through a member from the other ward, Sister Mills, she is her mother-in-laws caretaker and absolutely loves her so she shared the gospel with her! The members out here are awesome!

Beth found a job down in Atlanta and they are moving next week... :( I'm really going to miss her but she told us that things just seem to be falling into place and I have no doubt she'll be baptized within the next couple of months. So I'm happy for her.

I heard a cool quote this week I wanted to share...

"The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature... May we be convinced that Jesus is the Christ, choose to follow Him, be changed for Him, captained by Him, consumed by Him, and born again." President Benson

I love that! The world would have you solve things with drugs or money but our Savior teaches us to love and serve other people so we can change ourselves. We do the changing with His help and only with His help.

I think that's about it for the week... Thanks for everything!! I love y'all!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment