Monday, July 16, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-07-10

July 10, 2012

Hey Family!

I made it to Knoxville safe and sound! My mission president and his sweet wife are the best! When we were getting off the plane, she was running toward us waving and smiling then gave me a huge hug. It made me feel so good and loved, which is just what I needed right then. And Pres. Irion was so warm and loving as well. You pronounce it Erion like Lake Erie. Anyway, they are amazing and I’m excited to get the opportunity to work with them.

Holy cow Tennessee is beautiful! So green and humid – oh my heck, my hair is like a big frizball – haha! Our mission office is like an old log cabin here in Farragut – it’s so cute! And the mission home is big and beautiful, and it really is a home – haha! I guess I didn’t really know what I was expecting, nothing like this though. It’s right in a neighborhood, not set out somewhere by itself. Tomorrow we get to meet our trainers and learn where we’ll be serving. I guess there are about 100 of us in Knoxville, about 20 of those being sisters. It’ll be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. Please keep me and my future companion in your prayers that we’ll be able to get along and work hard together.

My new p-day will be on Monday so I’ll be able to write more then about what’s going on. I’m excited to finally be here and I’m anxious to get to work. We have a mission goal of each companionship having one baptism each month. I’m going to take that challenge to heart and work hard to achieve it.

Well, I’m going to close and get to bed – I’m exhausted. It was so good talking to you! I love and miss you all! Xoxo

Love, Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment