Friday, July 6, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-07-05

July 5, 2012


Hey family!!

Thank you again for all the letters! They seriously are the highlight of my week and it's a great way to break up the day from studying non stop. Holy cow I can't believe how generous people have been! I'm so incredibly blessed to have such AMAZING friends and family! Thanks for giving me addresses. So what's going on at home? Did you get my letter for grandma and that has my flight info? I've heard from everyone except for Brooke and Madi... What's up with that?! Life here at the MTC is fantastic! Seriously I'm learning and growing SO much. This is the hardest, scariest, most intimidating thing I've ever done but I know that it's going to change my life for the better. We've learned a lot about different ways to teach and how important it is to be bold when teaching, that's been kinda hard for me at first but I'm getting better and commiting people to things isn't as scary as it used to be. But everyone learns and understands thing so differently and its so important that we teach with the spirit so we know how best to teach them. How teaching works here is our teachers role play someone that they taught on their missions and we teach them, each other, and we also teach volunteers, most of which I think are members but I think some of them aren't. Sister Holsclaw and I have had some neat experiences teaching and some not so great, everyday is so different and when I think I'm finally getting the hang of teaching, I start to think I can do it I forget to teach with the spirit and things just go down hill. But I'm getting better at relying on the spirit, its exhausting though, I honestly don't know how the apostles and prophet recieve revelation all the time! By the time the day is over I'm so exhausted physically, emotionally, and spiritually, it's a good kind of exhausted though. :)

I can't believe I leave in 5 days! It's gone by so fast, but I'm excited to get out to Tennessee. I'm going to miss my district though, they are seriously some of the best people I've ever met and I probably won't see any of them ever again, which sucks. We have so much fun and have all grown to be really good friends. This morning we had to move floors so the new sisters could have ours, they are making our building an all sisters building when it was Elders and sisters before (there are going to be 2900 missionaries here this summer! Normally there is only like 2200 and there's going to be over 500 Sisters!). Anyway so we're moving up to the fourth floor, where the Elders just moved out of, and thank heaven this wasn't in our room but the room next door the sisters found snot smeared all over the walls!! Like bloody, slimy, nasty globs of snot!! WHO THE HECK DOES THAT?!?! Oh my gosh... boys are gross. Yesterday for the 4th we had a fireside about America and our religious freedoms, but it was kinda cool cuz they tied it in with other countries too. Afterwards they gave us ice cream and we got to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks, well kinda... It was hard to see cuz that side of campus is covered in trees. One Elder described being here as like being in spirit prison (in a good way!) but I thought that was totally true. Aaannnddd we got to stay up past our bedtime haha! It was weird to think that this time last year I was in Provo for the Stadium of Fire and a year later I'd be here again but for a completely different reason. Who knew? What's the news with the fires? I heard there was one in Ogden canyon? Is uncle Matt's family back in their home now? Well I gotta sign off my time is about up. Keep the letters coming! I don't know exactly how Dear Elder works in the field or if it does at all... I love and miss you all!! xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment