Monday, December 9, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-12-09



Subject:  BRRRRRR!!!!!

December 9, 2013
Hellooooooo family!!

Dad you are my hero. Seriously Bishops are incredible, I don't know how y'all do it, and mom you too! I don't envy the work load you have sometimes but I also know the many blessings that come. I was talking about that a little bit last night with Sister Carter, she said its been hard at times but the blessings make it all worth it.

I seriously don't even know where this week went! This transfer is just flying... It's already half way over. This week is probably going to fly as well, we've got 3 exchanges to do. Sometimes I wish I was just a "normal" missionary and could stay focused on my area but again it's the whole sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven and we've definitely been blessed, sometimes I don't know how we do what we do haha but it all gets done somehow. :)

We had a pretty good week! We got in with the Short family a couple of times and they are doing great! They are so excited to be baptized! It's been so cool teaching their family when we started it was just Hunter and Debbie we were teaching but now it's her daughter Kallie and Debbie's brother Luther. Teaching families is where it's at and that's really what it's all about! Please continue to keep them in y'alls prayers, Debbie hasn't quit smoking yet... And pray that Kallie and Hunter will be able to integrate themselves into YW and scouts easily.

Speaking of baptizing families, the Elders had a family get baptized yesterday! Kelvin and Adrianne Gunter (couple) and their oldest daughter Ashley who is 9. It was such a neat experience!! They were absolutely glowing and so happy! They have 4 other kids too! There was a huge turn out from the ward and Sister Huber and I taught the Restoration to all of them a handful of them being non-members man it seriously was so cool! The gospel is so true I just wish everyone in the world would come to realize that.

I think we had a bit more of a break through with Patty this week, we told her we wanted to fast with her last Sunday, that we wanted her to have a specific question in mind to fast and pray about, which she did. She didn't tell us what it was but she said that she felt really good afterwards. We then taught about how to recognize the promptings of the spirit and how the spirit speaks differently to all of us but He will always testify of truth to anyone who asks. We also testified to her that she doesn't have to be perfect in order to be baptized, she's getting there slowwwwwly but surely!! I sure love that family though!

We saw several less actives this week, have I mentioned how much I love doing that?! Seriously it is so cool to see these families that for whatever reason have stopped coming to church start coming again and to see that light come back to their lives.

We had MLC this week, which I reallly enjoyed this time around. A lot of times I feel like they are just really loooooong drawn out meetings but this one was good! It was fun to get to see everyone it just kinda hit me though that this would be last one and the next time I made that drive I'd be heading home... I'm starting to hit a lot of last times, it's bittersweeet, I really just am trying not to think about it and for the most part I do really well some days are easier than others.

It is crazy to see people go home... Sister Holsclaw and I are officially the "oldest" sisters in the mission ugh!

Brooke I'm so proud of you for inviting that girl!! Don't give up on her! Just keep being her friend and keep inviting! :) Sorry about the loss in volleyball, that sucks. We'll have to play when I get home!

I love that y'all are giving out 'The Power of Everday Missionaries' to everyone!! That is so cool! I'm anxious to read it when I get home.

It's been pretty cold here not terrible but the humidity makes a HUGE difference! For the most part I'm staying warm enough, my boots got a hole in the bottom so it makes for a cold left foot haha but other than that I'm good! At least we're not below 0!!

In grandma's letter she said that she has 3 granddaughters out serving and one preparing to go?! Who is that? Jordan? Aubri? Can you send me Kristen's e-mail address please?

Well I think that about wraps up the week... Things are going well and I'm finishing strong!

I love love love y'all!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke- the elder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment