Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-10-21



Subject:  Some weeks are definitely better than others...

October 21, 2013
Hey y'all!!

I loved hearing what that lady said about Amber and seeing her as a missionary!!! Dang that was way cool. I couldn't really see the tag though so next pic you send Amb make sure you've got a full view of the tag.

Hadderly... Why do I know that name? Was that someone’s maiden name or something? Shauna Shaw's maybe...?

Oh man... Well this week kinda sucked. Haha sorry to start the e-mail out like this but it really was so bad that it was funny. Sister Fox, Roundy and I just started laughing way hard Saturday night to keep from crying. But you know things really can only go up from here right? :) The up's and downs of being a missionary, you're just guaranteed to have some bad weeks.

The week consisted of being screamed at, literally this lady was screaming at us she was so mad that we had come by trying to contact her LA husband, we're talking there was spit flying from her mouth ugh I don't understand why some people are so ornery. We didn't even get the chance to say anything. I just wanted to be like "I'm sorry that we care about your husband and want to see if there's anything we can do to help."

We pretty much lost two of our investigators, Betty Yates and Debbie Short. We texted Betty to see if we were still on for our appt and she texts back, "I don't recall giving you my phone number, no we can't reschedule, don't contact me again." How else would we have gotten your number?? Geez... She had so much potential too, I think we'll try and go back in a couple of days and see if we can talk to her.

Debbie Short as of right now is basically refusing to come to our ward... She wants to keep going to the Powell Valley ward where her family is which is understandable but that’s just not how it works and she's driving like an hour and half just to get there, where if she was going to ours it’s only a half hour. Hopefully her father-in-law who is a good strong member will be able to talk them into coming to ours.

Remember Debra Smith that lady that randomly contacted us and said she's a member and wants to come back? Well we've been doing a nightly text to everyone with a scripture and we get a text back from her number that said it's not her phone anymore and that we better stop texting her. We apologized and asked if she had her new number, she said no, now LEAVE ME ALONE. Oh and I'm a Christian not a Mormon.

We got accused of spreading stories about a lady to her sister, doors slammed in our faces, Patty Nisbet is going out of town for a month, and it's cold (ok that's not that bad) but pretty much you name it, it happened this week. BLAH!!

BUT>>> Sunday was the start of a new week and it was a good one!

Sydney came to church yesterday!! While we were on exchanges the sisters went and saw her they said they had a really good visit and that she'd like to start coming to church again! Heck yah!! Wow it was so good to have her there and the ward just swallowed her with love! I LOVE THIS WARD!!

Yesterday we finally were able to meet with Gloria!! She has been living up in Johnson City for the last month and a half which is why we haven't been able to get in contact with her but I just couldn't take it anymore so we went to her work and got to talk to her. I was bracing myself for the worst that she wouldn't want to meet with us anymore but we had just the opposite happen!!! We asked if she'd still been reading from the Book of Mormon she said yes and that she knows it's true! Also she's been reading Joseph Smith's history and said why would someone go through everything that he went through for a lie? That just doesn't make any sense, it has to be true! Yah buddy of course its true!! :) It was such a good visit!

We also were able to see Patty before she leaves for a month, and had a great lesson with her on the Atonement and letting go of past grudges and bitterness. She had a really rough childhood and is still pretty bitter about it. But she is so stinkin close!! I hate that she's leaving for so long!! But she said she'd keep reading and praying.

The Carters fed us dinner last night to and I just love their family. Sister Carter is one of the most amazing people I think I've ever met and is kinda like a second mom here. I LOVE her and am so grateful for the smile she always has on her face or a funny story to tell to brighten my day.

So things are definitely looking up, sorry again that this letter is semi-depressing I just finished reading Amber's letter and teared up. Wow it was like a total flashback, I know exactly how she's feeling and I know why you cry sometimes when you read our letters Mom.

Thank you so much for everything family and friends! I really couldn't do this without y'alls help and prayers. I love, love, love you!!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. Jace I'll try and get a letter off to you soon bud! Sorry I've kinda been slacking in the letter writing department.

No comments:

Post a Comment