Monday, October 14, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-10-14



Subject: Remember that one lady Beth Starkey...? :) :)

October 14, 2013
Hey hey hey!!

Geez I had sooooo many e-mails today!! It was great! Definitely feelin' the love. Amb I love the fact that we are both Sister Bedke missionaries at the same time. I'm so glad you're enjoying the MTC, I just know you'll love Georgia even more! I'm just fine with the double letter thing. :)

Sounds like things are going great back home! I love y'all.

This has been another perty good week! Mom you mentioned the fact that I haven't talked about tracting that's because we don't do it really anymore!! It's awesome, it really is such a waste of time and there is a much better way of doing things. They're really encouraging us not to if at all possible. They're really stressing working more with members and LA's which is where it's at.

We did A TON of LA work this week, we were able to meet several new families that we'd never met before and hopefully we'll be able to start teaching their families the lessons again and help get some people reactivated. There are so many LA's here its insane, I love working with all of them though, that is probably one of my favorite things to do, when you see that light re-kindled in their eyes, it's incredible.

So do y'all remember Beth?? She finally was able to get baptized on Saturday!!! It really happened. She even bore her testimony at her baptism which for Beth is huge. I wish Sister Burningham, Sister Johnson and I could have been there so bad. But she finally was able to get there! I just cried when I found out, I was beyond thrilled, miracles really do happen. :)

We picked up a new investigator this week, her name is Betty Yates she's an older lady that was a referral from a member. She recently lost her son a couple of months ago and was open to our message, she accepted a BoM and agreed to read from it. Hopefully something will come of that, I'll keep y'all updated.

Everyone is soooooo busy now-a-days seriously we tried so hard to get in with each of our progressing investigators and weren't able to meet with any of them this week... Hopefully this week will be better investigators wise.

We woke up to a great text this morning! Debbie Short that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we haven't been able to see her because she had a couple of surgeries, but she said that they went to church in Powell Valley yesterday and it was an incredible meeting and now her son Hunter wants to be baptized! So basically a baptism just fell in our laps, I'm hoping that we can get Debbie baptized the same day, how cool would that be? We're finally going to be able to see them on Wednesday! :)

There were several changes made in the mish this transfer, we got a new Elder in our ward, Elder Shumway, from Moab, UT, he's the oldest of 14 kids!!! Geez... He's a nice guy a little awkward but nice. There's only 7 of us in the district now, it's kinda weird... And they split our zone in half, I'm now in the Kingsport west zone. Its crazy when I first got here there were only 4 zones now there are 9! Big things are happening.

Quote for the week...

"The crowning characteristic of love is loyalty." -Elder Holland

If we really love something or someone we'll be completely 100% loyal to that person or cause all the time.

Well I think that about wraps up the week... I sure love y'all a lot. xoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment