Monday, October 7, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-10-07


Subject:  Church is true. Book is blue. JOIN IT!!!
 
October 7, 2013
Hey hey hey y’all!!!

I have to admit my thoughts have been kinda elsewhere this week... I've been thinking about Amber and hoping and praying that she's doing great, I'm sure she is I just wish I could talk to her and see how she's doing. I'm so happy for her!! Please forward me her e-mails, I added her to my e-mailing list. Will you send me her mission address?

Sounds like things are going great at home! Holy smokes Court you look GORGEOUS!! Is someone going to tell me who Cameron is?? Are y’all dating or what? He's cute, I approve. :) And mom I am so proud of you and the time you got that sent out haha! I sure love you a lot. Yes I got your pictures and the journal (that's journal #5!) Thank you!!

Well the big news of the week is that we're all staying for another transfer!! I'm thinking they'll probably just have me finish my mission here, unless they ship me elsewhere for the last transfer. I'm way excited we're all staying! Things are finally starting to pick up again and we're all working well together! It's hard to believe that I only have 2 transfers left... You better believe I'm going to make the most of these last 3 months, there will be no getting trunky here!

I almost feel like this week was a week off, Monday was p-day, Tuesday Sister Fox and I were in Knoxville ALL DAY for mission leadership council, literally our meeting was 6 hours long (only a 5 min break) with a 2 hour drive there and back ugh... It was good though. Wednesday half the day was spent at a zone training meeting, Thursday we had to go to Rogersville for exchanges which took a couple hours round trip, Friday we had weekly planning which took a good chunk of the day because we kept getting interrupted, Saturday and Sunday were full of General Conference! So it's just been a crazy week with not a whole lot of missionary work getting done.

Geez wasn't conference incredible?!? So many answered questions and revelation was flowing! The only downer was that none of our investigators showed... Except for Patty because we watched the Sunday morning session at their house, she watched all of them and loved it! She is sooooo close! I'm just tired of people saying they'll do something and then not doing it you know... I have made a promise to myself though that I will never be like that. If I say I'm going to do something or be somewhere, I'll be there.

I loved President Uctdorf's, Elder Holland's, Sister Oscarson (I think that's her name at least...), President Monson's, and Elder Maynes I think those were my tops! So many incredible messages I'm way excited to re-read everything!

We finally were able to see Sydney! It was so good to see her! I just hugged her and held on, she just has these stupid little things she doesn't agree with like coffee and tea, and we told her well that doesn't mean you can't come to church, and she was like really? I thought I wouldn't be welcome anymore... Noooo!!! So we squashed that concern and she said she'd like to start coming back slowly! We mainly just talked about how much we love her and miss her, baby steps that's what it's going to take. She went to the Carter's (Bishop) house for the last Sunday session then we came over later for dinner. She was smiling and laughing and said she enjoyed what she saw of conference.

We had this less active lady call us randomly this week saying that she'd like to come back to church, she hasn't been in over 13 years so that was exciting! We met her for lunch and she seems genuine, she said I'm ready to come home! Her name is Debbie Smith too haha. We have 3 Debbie's we're working with right now!

Recent convert Debbie Smith is doing fantastic!! Geez I love that lady so much! We had an older sister from the ward, Faye Wampler come with us when we saw her this week and they totally hit it off! When we got in the car Sister Wampler said "I promise you she will be taken care of, I'm going to take her under my wing, she's in good hands." She also said I feel like I've known her my whole life, we were definitely friends in another life. That is probably one of the best things I have heard my whole mission! When you know that your recent converts are going to be taken care of after you're gone. This ward is incredible.

I'm excited for this upcoming transfer good things should be happening!

Thought of the week...

"Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith!" -Pres. Uchtdorf

I think that about wraps up the week. I sure love ya'll a lot!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment