Monday, June 24, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-06-24



June 24, 2013
Hey family!

Trek sounds like it was awesome!!! I would love to do that again, it really was such an amazing experience. Send me some pictures!!

Yes I got to watch the mission president's training holy cow it was awesome!! I wish they had those more often! It was weird to be sitting there and thinking back to a year ago when I was at the MTC and all the mission presidents were there and now it's a year later!! Sheesh time has seriously just flown by, it's crazy!! It was cool though afterwards we got 2 texts from different members in our ward already wanting to step it up with their member missionary efforts! The Lord is definitely hastening His work it's exciting and I love that I get to be in the thick of it!

I hope Brooke and Amber have fun at Oakcrest this week! Did Brooke go by herself or did she have a friend go with her I can't remember...? And yes I did get Brooke's letter :) But I haven't gotten Nate's wedding announcement yet... Thank you thank you for the wonder tees!!

It's been another pretty good and busy week! The best news is that we got a new GOLDEN investigator this week!! Her name is Sydney Ramey she's 20 and right now is rooming with a member of the church, it's a guy and he's not active but because of that a family friend of his mom goes and checks on them every once in awhile so she, Sister Miller, got to know Sydney and asked her if she'd like to talk to the missionaries. Sydney said yes and we met with her twice this week! She just loves everything that we have to teach and says it just makes her happy and makes sense, yah it does!! We went to a baptism on Saturday and she came and afterwards she was like you know I think that's something I'd like to do. So I committed her right then and there for July 6th!!!  :) :) :) She came to church yesterday and was bummed when it was over she just soaked it all in and loved everything! She said she felt so welcomed and loved. I love this church!!! I don't understand why everyone doesn't want to be a part of it! Sister Burningham and I were talking about it the other day and I said even though we're thousands of miles away from home whenever I see that sign, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" I know that I'm home! I love it!! :) Anyway she's pretty much amazing and I'm so excited for her!

Beth also is doing great! She comes to church every week, her husband though is still being a stick in the mud... She's hoping and praying that it'll happen on July 13th, her attitude is though not if it'll happen but when. She's moving to the Atlanta area at the end of July, and I immediately thought of Amber how cool would that be if you were in her new ward and got to teach her family?!?!

Pam is another story... We just are having a hard time reading her, she is golden but lately she's been dodging appointments and she told us she would be at church then canceled last minute. I don't know what we'll end up doing. It would break my heart to drop her but sometimes that's just what you gotta do... :( Please keep her in your prayers.

I finally met another investigator the previous sisters had been working with her name is Patti Nisbet, her husband is an active member, right now she's just kinda being stubborn I'm pretty sure she knows it all true, hopefully she'll realize she knows and take that leap of faith soon!

We had another successful exchange this week, I went up to Rogersville to be with Sister Kaitlyn Taylor and Sister Sharlie Hatch came down here with Sister Burningham. I really am loving this new calling, it's been way fun to get to know the other sisters and be able to help them out.

I'm getting my hair cut today! It probably won't be anything crazy, I'm thinking just layers and get the ends cut off and get it thinned holy moly I have so much hair it's crazy!

Well I think that about covers this week. Thank you for your love and prayers! I love love love y'all!!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment