Monday, June 17, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-06-17



June 17, 2013
Hey family!!

OH MY HECK! Atlanta GA!!!! That is so cool!!!! That is so crazy our whole family so far will serve in the south!! MAYBE since we'll be so close I'll be able to see her before I go home... President let one of the Elders do that a few months ago with his brother. I'll have to ask him about it in a few months.

Before I forget my VISA card expires next month... Will they just send me a new one? Also if you could send me a black and white wonder tee, size small probably, I would greatly appreciate it!! And my new address is 915 Moreland Dr. apt. 6 Kingsport, TN 37662

Sounds like things are going great at home!! I hope you had a great Father's day dad!! I love you so much and I'm SO grateful that you're my dad! :)

Answers to some of your questions....

YES! Kayli got baptized Saturday! I talked to Sister Clove and she said it went so great! I really wish I could have been there but she said she'd send me some pictures. :)

Yes exchanges are over nighters they usually last about 24 hours. I went with Sister Colwell up to Greeneville on Friday. It was fun to get to serve with her again. And yah we get a lot more miles now which is way nice! We will go to Farragut once a month for those training meetings for most of the day.

Beth is doing great! She is such an amazing lady who wants to be baptized so bad! It's so frustrating when one person stands in the way of someones happiness, it's just like Oralia's situation... But she told us its not a matter of it if it happens but when. :) I love her attitude about the whole thing.

Pam... Well we went and saw her Saturday and brought her and her son Devonte some clothes for church and she was acting kinda weird saying well just call me before you come. Her ride came Sunday morning and no one answered the door. Then Sister Burningham and I went by to see her after church and no one answered the door again but we knew they were home because we could hear them in there... So I don't know exactly whats going on there but hopefully we can get in touch with her again sooner than later and see what's going on.

The ward here is incredible! There are so many returned sister missionaries it's awesome! And they feed us like kings holy smokes I'm trying really hard not to look like an elephant by the time I get home!

A bunch of us missionaries went to an old folks home and sang to them on Saturday which was fun, there was one lady that sang along well tried haha to all the songs and another lady that said wow that was good after every song haha it was cute.

That is so exciting about Jeff Martin!!! Give him my love and a big hug please! What an amazing experience! I can't believe its been 2 years now since he passed away...

I about died laughing at your foot odor story mom haha!! Like Courtney said it probably needed to be said haha!

I haven't gotten Brooke's letter yet...

It's been another pretty good week! Busy again and kinda stressful but it's all good. I really am grateful for those trials of faith, I've become a much more self assured confident person and I owe it all to serving a mission. I really just love being a missionary! I couldn't have asked for a better last year of my life (I hit my year mark on Thursday!), it's been HARD but so GOOD! I've learned and grown so much, it kinda blows my mind.

I've come to love and appreciate the gospel so much! I think I've said this before but never again will I take it for granted, I just wish that everyone we came in contact with felt the same way...

Thanks for being the best family a girl could ask for! I love and miss you all lots!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment