Monday, May 20, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-05-20

May 20, 2013

Hellooooo family!!!

I'm so happy to hear Jess' wedding went so well!!! Man I am so bummed that I couldn't be there... :( I thought about all of you all day though and I can't wait to see some pictures!! I haven't met Scott yet... But I did hear a lot about him when Jess would come over to our house. I called her right before we left for the MTC and she said "Ash I think I'm going to be married to this guy before you get home!" And now it's really happened! I'm so happy for her!!! :) :)

I know my hair is getting super long!! I really like it but this summer I'm not so sure I wanna keep it.... I DON'T KNOW!! We'll see.  

Before I forget, last Sunday a lady came to our ward who mentioned she and  her husband served a mission in Albania! Their names are LaVar and Fran Leonhardt, they were CES missionaries and served from 2005-2007, but they said they know grandma and grandpa! Small world! Even in Athens TN you can find ties to home :)

I did hear about Sister Monson... Sad day. Was she at this last conference session? I don't know if I remember seeing her or not??

I totally forgot y'all were going on trek!!! Where are you going again? How long will it be? I'm so jealous! I hope I get to go on trek again some day.

Congrats Court on the new calling!! Following in your big sis' footsteps! :) It's so weird to hear those girls names though as Laurels now....

When does school get out?

This week was alright. It was also one of those weeks where almost everything you have scheduled falls through everyday... Ugh. BUT we did have a couple of good successes!  

You know we've been given the assignment to see all the sisters in the ward, which really is a huge task because the ward boundaries are so big! So we have to call most people before we come so we won't be wasting miles anyway, we call up this couple and ask if we can come see them, they said yes, we have a really good conversation with them leave them with a spiritual thought, song, and a prayer then leave. So come to find out in ward council yesterday Bishop gets up and was like the sisters had a huge success this week with the Himmelbergers, they actually let them in! And called and told us what a great visit they had with us and the great spirit that was felt and how much they loved having us there! I guess this couple hasn't let anyone from the ward come in since they moved in about 3 years ago, it's mainly the husband but everyone was shocked that we got in! Anyway it was really cool! We didn't know any of this before hand but it was just a huge testimony builder to me of what happens when you follow the spirit and just do what He says, miracles will happen!

I love experiences like that and I've had several on my mission! I really feel like a big part of my serving a mission is to work with less actives.

I can't remember if I've mentioned the Wakefield family or not.. Sister Wakefield is a member (less active) has a 9 year old daughter, Kayli who we've started teaching. She is the sweetest little girl and has such a desire to learn! She wants to go to church and be baptized so bad! We had an awesome lesson with her about the Restoration, which is hard to teach to a little kid! You know you're a good teacher when you can teach something to a little kids understanding. We did alright but it was harder than I thought I'd be... Anyway she will hopefully be baptized soon if we can just get her mom back into church.

We didn't get a chance to meet with Cheryl this last week because she was sick but I'm hoping and praying something good happens this week with her!  

We've been working with another less active Sister Annie Smith who hasn't been to church in years and years, she really doesn't know anything about the church. But we've been re-teaching her the lessons. She told us the last time we were there that her preacher at the Baptist church she's been going to is leaving randomly. Which really upset her but she told us you know I was thinking about it though and I don't think it's a coincidence that you girls came into my life when you did, I think this might be an answer to my prayers of what I need to do with my life. It was so cool!! Seriously being a missionary is so great!  

Last I heard on Oralia and Reynel it's still about the same situation... :( I really hope something will happen there soon.

Well I think that covers the highlights of the week. I love and miss y'all like crazy!!! xoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment