Monday, May 6, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-05-06



May 6, 2013
Hey y'all!!!

Wow was it really one year ago?? Holy cow time has just flown by! That was a neat day and soooooo much has happened since then!

Ok so with next week skype!!!!! I think I'll plan on 7:30-8 pm my time so 6 your time. I'll call first and then we can hopefully get google+ to work this time around! I'm so excited to talk to y'all!!! :) :)

Sorry I forgot my camera cord again... fail. One of these days I'll get some more pictures sent off!

Yah Sister Clove is 19, and we're having so much fun! We've just clicked.

Melinda's baptism is scheduled for this Saturday and as of right now she's still good to go! I really hope and pray we can go, it's kinda a far drive but President said in his last e-mail to me that he would personally come pick us up so we could go.

Speaking of U. Mike and family, they sent me a Christmas/birthday scarf! Please thank them for me! :) I'm getting quite the collection of scarfs now.

I love Sister Heiner!!! She is such a thoughtful lady! How many missionaries are there serving from our ward now??

I can't believe Melanie is engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh that is so exciting!!!! I really would love to work there again! I'm glad they still remember me! :) And Sister Brough, that's cool! I didn't really know her very well, but she seemed sweet from what I saw.

So it's been another good week!! We've picked up a couple new investigators, hopefully I'll write more about them next week. Wow though this area reminds me so much of Chatsworth just so many poor people, with seriously the saddest lives. Most everyone is either on drugs, is abused, or something else awful. Sister Clove and I have just cried with a couple different people. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for how I was raised and for living in a good safe environment, we really are so blessed!

So a couple funny stories of the week... -just a thought maybe you shouldn't let grandma K read this part-

So just like Chatsworth we do some serious country tracting/finding members. We finally found this sister after walking seriously a mile or so down her driveway in the pouring rain. So we go in and talk with her well really she talks to us poor lady probably doesn't have many people to talk with ever so we finally said ok we really gotta go and she all of a sudden gets up and says "Man I really gotta go to the bathroom" so she starts to walk towards the bathroom and as she's walking past me she farts right in my face!! We're talking like big juicy nasty SMELLY fart. Oh. my. heck. Hahahahaha!! So Sister Clove and I are trying to control ourselves but you know how it goes sometimes you just can't, so we're both just crying we're laughing so hard. And to top it off this lady is going to the bathroom with the door wide open and just still talking to us. When she comes out we try to compose ourselves but it was so hard. I ask her if we can leave her with a prayer which was so not smart on my part because I knew there was no way I could make it through, I had to stop the prayer 3 different times! It's kinda embarassing I'm like 5 years old can't control myself when it comes to bodily functions hahaha man it was so funny though!

So next story... This is an out of the mouth of babes. We were driving back from stake conference with the King family (who are awesome!!) they have 3 little kids, Sister Clove and I were in the back with the
4 year old and we were asking her about boys and I said "do boys have cooties?" and she looks at me like are you serious and says "No, they have boy parts!" hahahahaha! Oh man it was so funny!

I can't remember if I told y'all this in my last e-mail but our bishop wants us to visit all the sisters in the ward. Our ward is HUGE! So we spent a lot of time doing that this week. There are so many less actives, probably more than there are active members so we've been doing A LOT of driving but having pretty good success! We found one sister who hasn't been to church in years, but we invited her to retake the lessons and she excepted readily! :)

We had zone training this week which was fun, I'm excited to be serving in this zone again it really is the best one in the mission!

We also had stake conference. We got to go to the Saturday adult session which was good and I got to see lots of my old Dalton and Signal Mtn family! Seriously I love the people out here so much!

Sorry this is kinda all over the place and choppy but we have limited time on the computers where we're at. Ugh... But I think I hit all the highlights of the week.

Thank you so much for all your prayers, love, and support!! I love y'all so much!!! :) :) xoxoxooxoxo

Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment