Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-12-10



Helloooooo family!!

Yes I got grandma and grandpa's package! Thank you so much! And I may or may not have gotten a little greedy and opened the presents early... :) I also got a package from Camille Erickson! And I got the one from ya'll (the ensign too), thank you, thank you, thank you! It really doesn't feel like Christmas here... Last week it was in the 70's! It was awesome! But I do kinda miss the snow. The past couple of days though have been really rainy and foggy like way thick fog! It was kinda scary to drive in. So I'm kinda thinking that the sunny weather isn't going to around much anymore.

So this week has been a little crazy... You know how I mentioned in the last e-mail that Sister Gonzalez and I might have to be separated at the end of the transfer? Well it happened a lot sooner :( We got a call from President Irion on Thursday night saying that we had to be ET (emergency transferred) immediately. So we switched companions at the conference Saturday. Talk about a huge punch in the gut. Man it sucked so bad... There were a lot of tears shed. So Sister Gonzalez is now back in Chattanooga and Sister Mickelson is up here with me now, which will be fun, she's such a sweetheart. The other sister got transferred to where Sister Mickelson was. At least we're still in the same district which will be good but I really wish we were still serving together. We just clicked instantly and worked really well together. But I have prayed A LOT about it and I'm at peace with what had to happen. I know that this work isn't about me, it's about bringing souls to Christ. It's just sad to me that back biting and drama and people being down right mean happens still even on a mission.

So the conference Saturday was incredible!! Our entire mission got to be there and we all got to meet Elder Nelson (I was asked to say the closing prayer so I got to shake his hand twice :)) He spoke to us for over 2 hours and let us have a Q&A with him. He talked a lot about how much potential the Southern states have and that big things will happen soon, he also stressed the importance of coupling our work with the members once we all can do that miracles will happen. So that's something I'd like to encourage ya'll to do, pray for those missionary opportunities and then give them to the missionaries to teach! The spirit was so strong the entire time and he blessed our mission at the end. It amazes me how jam packed those men's schedules are, he left our mission right after and headed straight to Nashville. Those men are truly incredible and have such a power about them, I know that he is called of God and I'm so grateful for the opportunity we had to get to hear him.

After he spoke we broke off into zones and our stake presidents spoke to us. Then President Irion and the assistants did a training as well. We then had lunch and a talent show afterwards, it was fun. I went and introduced myself to Elder and Sister Hinton, they were thrilled that we were kinda related and both gave me a big hug. I hope I explained how we are related right... One of the mission office couples came and picked us up in Chattanooga and took us to Knoxville then dropped us off.

Did you know that President and Sister McKee is Brielle's husband Matt's aunt and uncle? Yah that's really scary, we've all been praying for her. What's the latest is she doing any better?

We didn't have any investigators at church yesterday, we were supposed to have 3 but none came. Tasha's baptism date will have to be moved now because she hasn't come to church, UGH!! When I called her she said she wasn't feeling well and when I told her that we'd have to move her date she just was like "oh okay" so it kinda sounds like she doesn't really care and I kinda get the feeling that she's starting to use being sick as an excuse now not to come... She's not really doing anything with her live so when we meet with her next we're going to ask her if she has any goals in life and that the gospel can and will help you become a better and stronger person. I don't think she's ever really made any commitments in her life so hopefully we can work past that and get her baptized but right now it's not looking to good... :(

Oralia and Reynal are doing great though! It's going to be interesting teaching them now though... Oralia only speaks Spanish and Reynal has a hard time translating so we'll have to have Spanish speaker team ups from now on. But they're both willing to do it, Oralia has such amazing faith it's incredible. I just wish that her boy friend would stop being a loser and marry her or just let her go. I don't think she really loves him anymore, she's only still there because of Reynal and because she has no where to go right now. It's sad, please really keep them in your prayers.

We've got a few other potentials but no one else to serious right now, I really hope the work picks up soon. This branch really needs some kind of spark to get them excited about missionary work.

So we found out that we are getting 10 new sisters in February! I think 7 are leaving from now until the beginning of February so almost every sister out will be training within the next couple of months! Scary! But way exciting! Another thing Elder Nelson said was that they went from getting about 700 mission applications a week to 700 a day! They're probably going to be opening up a lot of new areas within the next couple of months. Also I found out that a kid from Oakley is coming here this transfer! I think his last name is Babbitt.

Yes we can Skype Christmas day so what time do ya'll want to plan on doing it? I'm so excited to talk to everyone! :)

Well I think that about wraps it up for the week. Thank you for all your continued love, support, and prayers they really do keep me going. I love love love you all!! xoxoxo

Love,

Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment