Monday, January 6, 2014

Ashley Ltr: 2013-12-23



Subject: Two more people have entered God's kingdom! We had an AWESOME baptism!

Yo yo yo it's letta time!!!!!!!!!

Hey family!! So good to hear from y'all! Glad to hear things are going great! Court I loved yours and Brooke's pictures!! The two of y'all are going to have to teach me how to be stylish again haha I've kinda lost it on the mission...

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing it at noon should work just fine for me! I think I know my gmail account...

Man we had such a great week! The Shorts got baptized on Saturday! Seriously one of the best baptisms I've been to. Family baptisms are where it's at! Debbie has been working towards this for about 3 years now and because of Hunter she was able to kick her smoking addiction and finally do it! They had several family members there who aren't members, Kallie just cried through the whole thing, the spirit is definitely working on her and she should get there soon. I LOVE that family! And now they're working towards going to the temple! The church is so true!! I got to speak on the gift of the Holy Ghost, everything just went perfectly! They were confirmed in the Kingsport ward yesterday and the ward just fellow shipped them right on in! They're going to be just fine and they're going to be strong active members! :)

We made some more headway with Patty this week, we decided to go back to the basics and taught the Restoration again we really focused on priesthood authority and how she can find the peace and comfort she's looking for by being baptized. The spirit was really strong, we had brought Debbie Smith with us and she bore testimony of how she came to know. And she committed to praying about a date in February, it's so far out because she is going out of town again for a couple months dang it... But at least she is willing to do that! :)

We had some good news from Kim this week too! She texts us and was like I have an early Christmas present for you, I haven't drank sweet tea for 2 weeks now and I have no desire to! We're not sure what changed that but we're hopefully going to find out tonight! Keep them in your prayers, Bobby has been sick again.

So we had a pretty cool experience this week! I think I've told y'all a little bit about Sky Byars we've been seeing her pretty regularly the whole time I've been here, so we get there on Thursday and she's like I have a surprise for you! It's someone to teach, right here right now! Her name is Shelley and she is dating Sky's uncle. Basically Shelley was like I would really like to be a member of this church, is the first step baptism? What the?! Haha so we talked to her a little bit about the church then went back Saturday and taught the Restoration, which went really well. She's got several things she needs to overcome so please keep her in your prayers but she's pretty golden! Heavenly Father is blessing us a lot right now! 

I have been pretty sick this week, I've had a nasty head and chest cold but it's on its way out and I'm feeling much better now. I've passed it on to Sister Huber though... :/

Man I can't believe it's Christmas this week!!! We don't have a hint of snow here and I don't think we're going to get any, I think it's going to be a pretty wet and rainy Christmas. But it should be good, the ward's taking great care of us! Yesterday the Primary kids sang Christmas songs to us missionaries and then gave a us a HUGE box of wrapped food! :) It was so nice and will keep us fed for awhile.

Things really are going so great! I am going to miss mission life so much but I've still got a week left to make the most of it! 

Again can't wait to talk to y'all so soon!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Love, love, love y'all!!!! xoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. yes Sister Colwell's name is Valerie.

p.s.s. For grandma B.... 1. Her hugs 2. the quilts she makes 3. Making you feel like you're #1 whenever you talk to her. 4. her food!! 5. her love of the gospel 6. long talks. The list could go on and on. I'm sooooo excited she'll be there! She started it with me and now she'll end it with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment