Monday, September 16, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-09-16



Subject:  One more person has entered God’s Kingdom!!

September 16, 2013
Hey y'all!!!

Holy smokes what a week... It has been a roller coaster of emotions. We'll start with the good stuff first.... And before I forget yes we will be in a trio this whole transfer, I really don't know after that what'll happen.

Debbie got baptized!!!!! :) :) :) It really happened after working with her on and off for about 8 months she did it! It was a beautiful service, Brother Jim Nisbet from the ward, his wife is Patty that I've told y'all so much about, he gave a talk on baptism and the holy ghost and did such a great job! He's been a member for a long time now but was inactive until about 2 years ago, now he's a very strong active member. Sister Fox and Sister Roundy sang "I Believe in Christ" and I accompanied them on the piano, it turned out really pretty. Elder Darrington performed the baptism and confirmation, that was the first one he'd got to do his whole mission so he was really happy and did a great job! :) It really couldn't have gone better, except I wish Sister Burningham could have there. I've been missing her a lot this week especially. Debbie was just glowing though and said now we just got to get Phil, her husband, going and baptized! :)

That was definitely the biggest success of the week, the rest of the week was kinda rough. Almost no one was home this week so we were going, going, going and really not accomplishing much. We didn't get to see any other investigators this week because they were all out of town.

The hardest thing that happened though was a text I got from Sydney that literally almost broke my heart in half, it said something like this, "I've decided on my own that I'm not a Mormon and I will never be a Mormon. I do know there is a God now though and I thank you for that but don't try to push anything else on me. I still love you." I can't even begin to describe to you how hard that was for me, I felt like a parent probably feels when one of their children leaves the church. I had so many emotions come over me at once and I really didn't know how to handle it so after crying on my companions shoulder (thank goodness for Sister Fox, she helped me out a lot) I did really the only thing I could do which was pray, hard. I poured out my heart to Heavenly Father and told Him how I was feeling and that I knew I had to overcome the hole I was in somehow or I wouldn't be able to function so I begged for peace and to know what to do. Luckily all this happened Sunday morning so I had stake conference to go to to get a much needed answer. The whole conference was about missionary work, I didn't get a direct answer but I did get a sense of calm come over me that she was going to be okay and not to ever give up on her whether she comes back while I'm here or several years down the road I don't know but I was talking to Sister Fox about it afterwards and she told me the same thing, she said I don't know why but I just feel like everything's going to be okay. Which brought me a lot of comfort. There is definitely a reason we are companions right now she has helped me out a lot and is one of the most Christlike people I think I've ever met. :)

On Saturday we had one of the senior couples, Sister Casper pass away, she had been pretty sick but had always wanted to serve a mission with her husband. She finally convinced her doctors that she was well enough to go and got to serve for about 3 months before passing away. What an amazing lady, I'm so grateful that I got to know her a little bit.

Needless to say it's been kind of an emotional week, thank goodness for prayer, friends and priesthood blessings though. I don't know what I'd do without my knowledge of the gospel and the comfort that brings when we are in desperate need.

Sorry to just dump all that on y'all, I'd never been so homesick as I was yesterday. But I promise you I'm doing better today. It's going to be a better week, just gotta keep moving forward.

I did something very daring yesterday, I held a tarantula (sp??)!!!!!!! Oh my heck I was freaking out but I did it! Sister Fox, Elder Wollums and Elder Darrington all did it! Haha, the things you do on missions.

Stake conference was incredible and gave me a much needed spiritual boost, I think big things are in store for the Kingsport stake, everyone seemed pretty pumped!

That's so exciting about Malyssa!! She'll do a great job! And who is this Cameron kid that is always mentioned???

Well I think that about wraps up the week here. Thank you for all your love, prayers, and support. I hope you know how much I love each of you and I'm so grateful that you are my family and that I get to be with you FOREVER!! :)

Quote of the week....

"Faith and attitude can get you through anything!"

Love, love, love you all!!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment