Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-09-09



Subject:  Kingsport TN= The Promised Land! :)

September 9, 2013
Hey y'all!!!

Dad you should send me a copy of your Grand Teton adventure. Sounds like things are going great at home! I got this huge pit in my stomach though when you told me you already have my release date info... ugh I hate that. I haven't talked with President about seeing her again... That is crazy though exactly 3 months after she goes out, I come home.

Isn't that awesome about Oralia?!?! No Reynel Jr. didn't get baptized yet but I'm confident it'll happen one day.

We've had another pretty good week here in Kingsport! Debbie came to church yesterday! So it is officially happening on Saturday!! Ahhhh I'm so excited!! She is already volunteering for things in the ward and was just glowing at church yesterday.

Her story is cool. The Elders about 7ish months back tracted into her, she was busy at the time but she told them to come back the next day, they did but she was upstairs vacuuming when they came by so she didn't hear them. Then the sisters came in and they told them to make sure they went and saw her because there was definitely something there. So they did taught her a couple of times then she went out of town for like a month... Finally she got back home and the sisters started teaching her again but she really wasn't keeping commitments or progressing so they dropped her. Then a couple of weeks after I got here we were driving past her street and Sister Burningham says, "We need to turn around and go see Debbie right now." so I was like ok and we did. Come to find out later she was having an awful day and was praying for someone to come. She has been steadily progressing ever since. She has completely cut out smoking and coffee and is so ready and excited to be baptized on Saturday! :) She calls us her angels and thanks us everyday for Heavenly Father sending us to her. Man I just don't know how to adequately describe how I'm feeling, I don't know why I have the privilege of working with such incredible people who have changed my life. :)

Gloria is still working on her work schedule so she can get to church, she knows it's what she needs and now she just has to have the faith that Heavenly Father will provide the way for her to get there. She's been out of town all this week so we haven't been able to talk to her, I'm hoping and praying that she really has quit smoking.

Have I mentioned how much I absolutely disgust smoking?? Geez it makes me sick that a cigarette just controls and destroys someones life.

We were able to get back in with Sarah Lowe this week! She's been on vacation for a couple of weeks but she is still way pumped about learning and it'll only be a matter of time I think before she gets baptized! She really just knows nothing about religion so we're starting from square one but she just lights up when we teach her. She's living with a less active, Melvin Platt, and he really doesn't know that much either so hopefully we can get them married and that they can have a fresh start to life.

Not going to lie I've been feeling a little overwhelmed this week... I feel like its been dump your problems on Sister Bedke week. We had a few people who just really needed to talk and get things off theif chest, a lot of it was deep heavy stuff. Sometimes I just want to see I'm just a kid! I don't even know what you need or what to say! But I've really come to learn that a lot of times you don't even need to say anything, just be that listening ear and if you do need to say something that Heavenly Father will help me out.

We started the first of our seven exchanges last week, and the sister I exchanged with is really struggling with some big stuff, I hope I was able to help her out some, I just hope they're not all going to be like that one...

Sister Harker is doing alright, she slipped back into her smoking dang it.... She was doing so good but one day she was having a weak moment and gave in and has kinda back slid a bit. BUT she did come to church yesterday and she brought one of her sons, Chris, who hasn't been in a really long time, but now 2 of her 3 boys are starting to come back! Miracles are happening in that family! Her family is semi supportive of her going, they're not against it but they're not helping her out at all.

I would probably recommend getting her rain boots and jacket stuff while she's home.

That's so exciting about Jeff! I'm so happy for him!! :) Yah the Carter's son left on Wednesday, they've got 2 out and yes he's the Bishop. We had lots of fun last p-day, it was just like being home for a little bit.
Maybe you could send me some of your talk that you gave mom? I'd love to read it, I'm sure you did a fantastic job!
Well I think that about wraps up the week... I love love love y'all!!! xoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment