Friday, August 30, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-08-26



Subject:          A trio?!?!

August 26, 2013
Hellooooooooo family!!

Thank you, thank you for the pictures!! Holy smokes everyone is growing up so much!! I hardly recognized Courtney! Sheesh!! All y'all are gorgeous!! And Jace you are such a stud.  Repelling looked fun! I'd love to do that someday! Dad good luck today! Looking forward to hearing about it! Have fun and please please be safe!

Well you read my subject correctly I'm going to be in a trio! Sister Burningham is leaving... :( and they are sending 2 more here! AHHHHH!!!! I think I'm still going to be a sister training leader and so will one of my companions and we'll both be training a brand new sister. HOLY RESPONSIBILITY!!!! It'll be fine I know it will, I've just been a little stressed the last couple of days, co-training is going to be hard. It'll definitely be a learning experience for sure. We head down Wednesday morning and will find everything out...

I seriously am so sad that Sister Burningham is leaving... We have gotten really close and become really good friends and its really going to suck saying goodbye, I guess it's not goodbye it's just a see ya later but still. I'm going into a whole new ball game this next transfer and I'm a little nervous. Some extra prayers this way would greatly be appreciated.

Other than having that curve ball thrown we've had a pretty good week! We picked up a new investigator Dylan Roberts, he came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. He's kinda like Sydney in that he's just soaking everything up. Major potential there.

Cindy Harker is done smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went over with the Elders on Friday to give her a blessing and she hasn't smoked since!! She is so determined to go to the temple it's really cool and that was really the only thing holding her back. There are some big miracles happening in that family, it's been really cool to watch.

Debbie and Sarah were out of town all week but they are both back now I think as of tonight so hopefully things will start moving there again this week!

We finally saw Gloria yesterday! Our lesson was so good! She knows it's all true she just keeps getting hung up on hell fire and brimstone all that crap that Baptists brain wash into people. We had a really spiritual lesson with her though and I think it's just a matter of time before she gets baptized, it's just her dumb work schedule that's holding her back from going to church.

Patty Nisbet is again still about the same, she'll get there one day it just might take some time. I sure love her a lot though. All these people I just love A LOT!

We haven't been able to see Amanda yet... Seriously we've been so crazy busy this week with seeing different less actives and just preparing for this transfer! I've never been so busy! I love it!

I've heard that you can do that at BYU-I... Transfers are January 2nd so I don't know that I'd be able to go home before Christmas... And I don't know if I want to go back so soon, I'd kinda like to be home for a little bit and work. I don't know yet I haven't thought to much about it really. I'm thinking that I still want to go there.

I think that's about it for this week... I'm just loving mission life! It's definitely got its ups and downs but I can't imagine doing anything else with my life right now.

Thought of the week....

"God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, but we are not. Each day, ours is the challenge to access the Atonement so that we can truly change, become more Christlike, and qualify for the gift of exaltation and live eternally with God, Jesus Christ, and our families." -Elder Nelson

I love and miss y'all!! xoxoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. When does Kristen leave for the MTC?

No comments:

Post a Comment