Monday, August 12, 2013

Ashley Ltr: 2013-08-12



Subject: Our ward mission leader eats out of a dog bowl... yep that's a true thing.


August 12, 2013
Hellooooooo family!!

Awesome letter from home!! So many great things happening! Mom! That's so cool about your new job! That'll be way fun! :) And Court that's way cool about your internship, is that what you're thinking you'd like to do? And still haven't heard from you in like a year, not cool.

Elder Corbridge is who wrote the 4th missionary which is the talk I pulled those quotes from. And yes pralines are a nut haha. I'm so stoked y'all got that book! Have you seen Brother Furniss yet??

This Elder, Elder Adamson I think, came up to me at a mission conference thing we had this week and said that he went to the Idaho Falls visitors center right before he left for his mission and that he met grandma and grandpa and had a little note from them for me! It was so sweet! Just a little hello from grandpa. :)

That is so awesome about Malyssa!! All these girls going from our family now it's awesome!! :) :)

We had another great week! Our biggest success of the week was probably an investigator Sister Burningham has been working with on and off for the last 6 months came to church for the first time yesterday! We hadn't been able to get in contact with her for the last few weeks but we were on exchanges Saturday and I just had this way strong feeling that we needed to go see Debbie Smith, now. So we headed over (in the POURING RAIN!!!! Seriously I've experienced more rain in 2 months here than I have in my whole life!) She answered the door but didn't let us in she said it really wasn't a good time but that we would probably see her at church tomorrow, this sounds awful but I seriously doubted it because we get told that a lot by people and then they don't show so I was like okay... Then we get a text Sunday morning that says I'm on my way!! She told us that we always seem to come right when she needs us too and that she knew she had to come. She stayed for all three hours and LOVED IT! We're seeing her tomorrow and hopefully we'll be able to set a baptismal date! She's so great! :)

Sarah Lowe is doing great! We had our first official lesson with her this week, we didn't realize how basic we'd have to start with her like as basic is who exactly is Jesus Christ. We answered a lot of questions and when she told us that she really feels like this is something she needs in her life. She's so legit!

Gloria McDonald is doing well, her stinkin work schedule prevents her from coming to church right now or she would totally be there, she is such an amazing lady with so much potential.

Patty Nisbet is about the same, she's amazing and I love her a lot but she wants a big sign from God telling her that she needs to be baptized and it's just not going to happen.

I think we're going to have to drop Pam... :( We haven't been able to get ahold of her for a couple of weeks now and she just doesn't seem very interested right now, I really have no doubt that she'll join the church at some point but I just don't know that it's right now.

We're probably going to pick up a couple new investigators tomorrow, it's a part member family that seriously has SO much potential! I'll keep you posted, their name is the Waddoups.

As I mentioned a little earlier we had a mission conference thing in Knoxville on Friday, we did like a mock district meeting which I got to be a part of, basically it was just showing how a district meeting should be run effectively. All of us leaders from the mission were there for that and then Elder Kopischka (sp?) and Elder Hymas from the quorum of the 70 came and spoke to us. It was so good! Elder Kopischka is an incredible speaker he was cracking jokes but also it was so spiritually uplifting it was awesome. We did a Q&A session and he would personalize people's questions to them but also include the whole group it was really cool, that is exactly the kind of teacher I'm aspiring to be.

A couple of thoughts for the day....

"We will get promptings of the spirit when we have done everything we can, when we are out in the sun working rather than sitting back in the shade praying for directions on the first step to take. Revelation comes when the children of God are on the move. So do all we can do. Then we wait upon the Lord for His revelation. He has His own timetable." -Elder Oaks

"The precious revelation that gives us a testimony is not an event but a process." -Elder Oaks

Well I think that covers the highlights of the week.Thank you so much for your continued love, support, and prayers. I couldn't do this without y'all. I love you!!! xoxoxo

Sister Bedke :)

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment